Fiji cube reviews

Saltysav96

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kind of hard to tell. But here are a few pics

163EE2D9-D848-4C0E-9363-CC10E6F127EA.jpeg D6DF5824-2605-42EE-9CF2-82BEBA875518.jpeg A005B03A-216E-4E16-AFE3-776D9D3D5D91.jpeg 3532DDE7-1859-4050-B3A4-9997E42E25CE.jpeg 1811B9EB-8A1A-4141-8DC3-B9C2C50D4E9F.jpeg

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooof. Pics 1-3 look scary. Sorry you're having so many issues. :(

DirtDiver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad I'm not the only one with issues with my Fiji Cube. Mine was delivered Friday. Scratched along the whole width of the tank. Stand mediocre at best. Sloppy silicon job. I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

One reason I went with them was based xiaoxiy thread. Glad it is working out for you.

MVIMG_20200321_075042.jpg

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my little 18.5 peninsula ( now the 20 ) I think there the best nano peninsula foot print around.
my silicone job and glass was 1st glass only grabs I have are the RT chamber would not fit the IM might jet pump...no big deal just went with another pump.

I would buy another tank from them in a heart beat.

PS. build thread of tank in badge.

OP
OP
nlutfi

nlutfi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got home with mine and fingers crossed it looks good

Jamezanity

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I'm not running a refugium in my system right now because I run a pretty low bioload (2 clowns, 2 chromis, 1 PJ cardinal, 1 yellow damsel). The middle chamber is a cryptic zone, and I have my skimmer in third section. I run a pretty small skimmer (IceCap K250) which fits perfectly in it.
IMG_3238.JPG

That blows dude :(.

For those who are curious, I still really like my FIJI cube.
IMG_3270.JPG
Very nice. Im planning to buy a fijicube swallow tank. Is that sump comes with the tank bundle?

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of their sumps. It's just okay. The bulkheads it comes with are the cheapest of cheap. Both drain bulkheads cracked upon insertion of the included clear blue pipe. The sock holder design is noisy. The floss tray works pretty well. The integrated heater mount and probe holder are nice. I'm not using it, but the float valve holder in the return chamber is up so high it would only work if you had the water level very high. The adjustable water level in the skimmer chamber is nice, but the water levels can't be very different in the different chambers or it gets noisy. The water doesn't cascade smoothly over the edge, it pours because of the cut out at the top of each gate. If I could do it all over I'd probably go a different route.

Saltysav96

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of their sumps. It's just okay. The bulkheads it comes with are the cheapest of cheap. Both drain bulkheads cracked upon insertion of the included clear blue pipe. The sock holder design is noisy. The floss tray works pretty well. The integrated heater mount and probe holder are nice. I'm not using it, but the float valve holder in the return chamber is up so high it would only work if you had the water level very high. The adjustable water level in the skimmer chamber is nice, but the water levels can't be very different in the different chambers or it gets noisy. The water doesn't cascade smoothly over the edge, it pours because of the cut out at the top of each gate. If I could do it all over I'd probably go a different route.
I agree. I hate the sump it came with. Ill eventually swap it out for something different

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you still have it? how is it holding up? My LFS ordered 3 and 2 of the 3 leaked
I sold mine to upgrade to an IM 150 this fall. It seemed to still be in great shape at the time I took it down.

patdman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will bump this thread. Fiji Cube 57 tank my experience has been terrible. I ordered a tank put it together and the holes cut into the back did not match the overflow box. They were cut too close together. The stand sucks and has a wobble. Exchanged several emails. Last from fiji said they would send me a custom overflow box. It's been several weeks still waiting. I complained, He said he would send the part. I am still waiting. Bought the tank on the black Friday sale on their website.

Last edited by a moderator:

JC Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also had issues with FijiCube and I expect the company to take responsibility for their product. I was very dissatisfied with the way they dealt with my situation, and I felt like they did not care about me as a customer at all :angry-face:

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a Fiji Cube 48Ext a few years ago. They were having a sale locally. I picked up the tank myself from the warehouse. The stand was missing some threaded inserts which were mailed out promptly to me after notifying them. No other quality issues and the tank is still up and running. I also purchased the Fiji 30 sump and I love it. No issues with bulkheads at the time. I've been happy with my purchase. I will note, they simply recieve shipments from China and send it on to the buyer.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 63 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back