OP
OP
JC Reef

JC Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to ride the first tank out. Since Fijicube was now saying it was just a cosmetic defect, hopefully my tank will last for a few years and I didn’t make a stupid decision by not replacing it. Last summer, I was not in the right mindset to go through another tank transfer, especially since I was going through difficult times. Two months after having my tank issues, my mom was diagnosed with cancer, and she succumbed :downcast-face-with-sweat: last December. During this time I neglected my tank; my nutrients bottomed out, and I lost more corals, which led to dinos and a bad outbreak of cyano. I will be honest; at one point I lost the spark, but I am happy that I have found the drive to keep pushing with this pain in the butt tank.

I'm ready to glue down all my SPS ;)

sltu4HV.jpg

thedon986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Looking good now! Sorry to hear about all your trouble with the tank and with life. Hope everything is looking up for you.

OP
OP
JC Reef

JC Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This Fijicube 76-gallon has been truly a pain in the rear since the beginning. This company has left me with a very negative impression. After talking to Kat at RAP (California), I shouldn't trust that bad seam. She’s absolutely right!!! The hunt has begun for a replacement tank.

I’m currently looking at the below manufacturers:

Glasscages
Nyos Opus
Planet Aquarium

Last edited:

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This Fijicube 76-gallon has been truly a pain in the rear since the beginning. This company has left me with a very negative impression. After talking to Kat at RAP (California), I shouldn't trust that bad seam. She’s absolutely right!!! The hunt has begun for a replacement tank.

I’m currently looking at the below manufacturers:
Glasscages
Nyos Opus
Planet Aquarium
Best of luck on choosing your next tank!

OP
OP
JC Reef

JC Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried twice to leave a review update on BRS, and for whatever reason it's not getting approved. But here is what I had to say.

This is an updated review. My current tank has been running for over a year, but there have been nothing but problems since day one, when the tank got wet. During the leak test, I noticed there was a weird bubble on one of the seams, and BRS directed me to Fijicube so the issue could be addressed. After going back and forth with Fijicube, I was sent a replacement tank, but the replacement tank was in much worse condition than the original tank. The wooden crate arrived severely damaged, the driver and I inspected the tank, and the glass was fine. The POD was signed as normal, and the driver left. The next day, after removing the shrink wrap, I noticed that the outside silicone had a split seam. I decided to fix that issue and reseal the inside of the tank, but something told me this was not safe. I reached back out to the manufacturer and provided pictures, but I was declined help because I had fixed the issue myself even though I had pictures and videos, and secondly, because the POD didn’t have any notations of "damage". I’m glad the replacement tank had a seam issue because the predrilled holes were smaller than the original size they were supposed to be. The overflow lid was also missing, red flags right? But I almost feel that Fijicube maliciously sent me a tank that obviously had several flaws. I decided to just keep tank number one, even though I feel it’s not safe to be in operation. I feel that I need to replace it before a leak erupts and floods my living room, and I am currently shopping for a replacement tank. For the record, I do not recommend this company, as they do not stand behind their product, and I even question if a quality assurance team is even in place.

Last edited:

xsnys

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about all your issues with Fiji Cube. I came here looking for more info on this tank specifically but it seems I may have to steer clear from Fiji Cube tanks considering you got two bad tanks IN A ROW. It's a shame because I really do love their tanks and sumps.

I think there's a lesson to be learned here: Don't tamper with defective tanks (or any products) because this almost always voids your warranty no matter what company you deal with.

OP
OP
JC Reef

JC Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about all your issues with Fiji Cube. I came here looking for more info on this tank specifically but it seems I may have to steer clear from Fiji Cube tanks considering you got two bad tanks IN A ROW. It's a shame because I really do love their tanks and sumps.

I think there's a lesson to be learned here: Don't tamper with defective tanks (or any products) because this almost always voids your warranty no matter what company you deal with.

I would stay away from the Fiji Cube. It has been a painful process dealing with this company. Yes, lesson learned. Don't tamper with stuff because it will void that warranty.

patdman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will bump this thread. I wish would have read this before I bought my Fiji Cube 57 tank. My experience has been terrible as well. I ordered a tank put it together and the holes cut into the back did not match the overflow box. They were cut too close together. The stand sucks and has a wobble. Exchanged several emails. Last from fiji said they would send me a custom overflow box. It's been several weeks still waiting. He said he would send the part. I am still waiting. Bought the tank on the black Friday sale on their website.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
JC Reef

JC Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will bump this thread. I wish would have read this before I bought my Fiji Cube 57 tank. My experience has been terrible as well. I ordered a tank put it together and the holes cut into the back did not match the overflow box. They were cut too close together. The stand sucks and has a wobble. Exchanged several emails. Last from fiji said they would send me a custom overflow box. It's been several weeks still waiting. I complained, He said he would send the part. I am still waiting. Bought the tank on the black Friday sale on their website.

Buying a new tank should be a pleasant and hassle-free experience. However, encountering problems right away can ruin the excitement and cause frustration. I acknowledge that sometimes things go wrong, but I expect the company to take responsibility for their product. I was very dissatisfied with the way they dealt with my situation, and I felt like they did not care about me as a customer at all @Fiji Cube

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
JC Reef

JC Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow... I was going to buy one of these. Glad I red this first. What did you end up replacing it with?
@pblogic This company is not worth your time or money. Other hobbyists on R2R have reported problems with their products and services. They are unreliable and unprofessional. You should look for other options in the market that can meet your needs better.

I had planned to order a custom GlassCages tank, but then I faced an unexpected problem at home. My water heater broke down and I had to replace it with a tankless one. This meant that the funds I had saved for my new tank build were spent on the water heater. Now I have a dilemma: should I wait until I save enough money for a custom tank again, or should I buy the Nyos Opus G2 300 Pro Line? I know that my current tank is risky to keep running :anguished-face:

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@pblogic This company is not worth your time or money. Other hobbyists on R2R have reported problems with their products and services. They are unreliable and unprofessional. You should look for other options in the market that can meet your needs better.

I had planned to order a custom GlassCages tank, but then I faced an unexpected problem at home. My water heater broke down and I had to replace it with a tankless one. This meant that the funds I had saved for my new tank build were spent on the water heater. Now I have a dilemma: should I wait until I save enough money for a custom tank again, or should I buy the Nyos Opus G2 300 Pro Line? I know that my current tank is risky to keep running :anguished-face:
I have never seen the Nyos before, I’ll look at them. A decade ago glass cages was sketchy, how are they now?

OP
OP
JC Reef

JC Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never seen the Nyos before, I’ll look at them. A decade ago glass cages was sketchy, how are they now?

The quality of GlassCages has definitely improved under the new management @Joe Glass Cages. One of the reasons I admire Joe is his ability to engage with us who share his passion. He always listens to our feedback and offers helpful advice. He is not only an expert in his field, but also a supportive and friendly member of the R2R community.

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The quality of GlassCages has definitely improved under the new management @Joe Glass Cages. One of the reasons I admire Joe is his ability to engage with us who share his passion. He always listens to our feedback and offers helpful advice. He is not only an expert in his field, but also a supportive and friendly member of the R2R community.
It's great to hear they have improved so much. I checked out the site. The aquariums are very, very pricey. I think if I were to go custom build I would go acrylic again. I had a custom built 75g from Advanced Acrylics many years ago and liked it very much. Their pricing is much more reasonable as well.

I was really hoping to get something small going without having to custom build, but it seems most of the manufacturers have major problems. It seems like perhaps Innovative Marine has the least problems out of the ready to go systems?

I lean more and more towards using advanced acrylics the more horror stories I read about bad seams.

OP
OP
JC Reef

JC Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am happy to announce that I have chosen a GlassCages @Joe Glass Cages tank for my next build. I want to thank @Bulk Reef Supply for their amazing help and guidance in making this possible. I feel very fortunate and excited for this new chapter. The new tank is expected to arrive sometime in March, my birthday month. I intend to reuse the majority of my existing gear for the new tank, but I will also incorporate some important upgrades (more to come on this). I appreciate your support, BRS and Glasscages! :star-struck:

Season 3 Yes GIF by The Office

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 55 39.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 16 11.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 39 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back