Fiji Cube Skimmer

HermanoToro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I recently purchased a fiji cube skimmer and, after assembling it, placed the unit in my tank. The pump on the skimmer is non-adjustable and, according to fiji cube, all the user needs to do is "adjust" the water line. The water line is adjusted via mount height and / or spinning the skimmer body to make small adjustments inside the unit.

Doesn't matter how I adjust the waterline, though, because micro-bubbles spill out of the skimmer body (where the cup slides in) and into my tank. I currently run the skimmer in the same AIO compartment as my return pump so.....it's just a recipe for disaster. Anyone have any experience with this skimmer? Thanks!

Montiman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I recently purchased a fiji cube skimmer and, after assembling it, placed the unit in my tank. The pump on the skimmer is non-adjustable and, according to fiji cube, all the user needs to do is "adjust" the water line. The water line is adjusted via mount height and / or spinning the skimmer body to make small adjustments inside the unit.

Doesn't matter how I adjust the waterline, though, because micro-bubbles spill out of the skimmer body (where the cup slides in) and into my tank. I currently run the skimmer in the same AIO compartment as my return pump so.....it's just a recipe for disaster. Anyone have any experience with this skimmer? Thanks!
I ran one of these in the first chamber of a BioCube for about 6 months and did not have any issues other than the water level needed to be really low on the skimmer body for it to work. There is a strong chance the bubbles will calm down over time.

OP
OP
HermanoToro

HermanoToro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran one of these in the first chamber of a BioCube for about 6 months and did not have any issues other than the water level needed to be really low on the skimmer body for it to work. There is a strong chance the bubbles will calm down over time.
Thanks for the info! I will continue to try it. The amount of bubbles coming out of the body is pretty concerning......

OP
OP
HermanoToro

HermanoToro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info! I will continue to try it. The amount of bubbles coming out of the body is pretty concerning......
So I'm on like....day five running the skimmer. microbubbles are still filling my tank. Any thoughts?

CactusReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm on like....day five running the skimmer. microbubbles are still filling my tank. Any thoughts?
The skimmer needs to break in and develop a micro film internally.

The micro bubbles will go away as this process happens.

These micro bubbles are what's doing the work, in 2 or 3 weeks you'll see it stop .

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a decent little skimmer. Can you post a picture of the water level you have it set at and post a picture of your have it set up or orientated.
I'd set it as low as I could and wait it out another 5 days.
D

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back