Filefish dying????

  • Thread starter Thread starter SpawnGawn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SpawnGawn

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 6, 2011
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Location
Birmingham, AL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys


I got this filefish about 2 weeks ago and he has been doing fine. When I got up this morning and looked in the tank he was in one spot. He has not moved all day! He is alive, but I don't know if he is sick or what. I took a little video of him. What do you think. I don't know much about this fish. I got him so he could knock out some aphasia.





Thanks guys


SG
 
I would not expect that fish to be alive tomorrow morning. :(

My matted file fish seems to hold its own against the other fish in my tank when I add food, and he is anything but slow. I've been trying to sneak up on him with a net.
 
I would not expect that fish to be alive tomorrow morning. :(

My matted file fish seems to hold its own against the other fish in my tank when I add food, and he is anything but slow. I've been trying to sneak up on him with a net.


I just tried to catch him and he did not even flinch when I put a net on him. =(
 
Sorry to hear but think positive. Look and see if he eats. Good luck
 
He is way too thin. When first introduced to a tank, they may be slower at responding to food. If you have assertive eaters in the tank, he may be getting out-competed. These fish are also omnivores and do better if offered either some macro algae or nori on a clip.

Hope you can save him.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new