Filefish Recently added! Extreme hiding.

ToSurfOrNot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alrighty, been working on my 45 AIO to get it under control lately getting rid of algae and other nonsense. Parameters for the tank are fine for the most part other than high phosphates (tank was neglected by a person for 3 months when I took it over with 0 maintenance.

Bought a filefish to help with aiptasia explosion, and day 2 he has found an extremely small crevice under a piece of rock. I went gently to nudge him with a gloved finger and he is still alive, albeit I don't even know how he wedged himself under so far.

Is there a concern to have here? He was drip acclimated by adding 4 oz of aquarium water to his bucket every 10 minutes for an hour. Currently only a clown and anemones in the tank. He is young (approx 1.5 inch) and was extremely skiddish in the store as well.

Impossible to attach photo that could shine a strong enough light in to see him visually.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alrighty, been working on my 45 AIO to get it under control lately getting rid of algae and other nonsense. Parameters for the tank are fine for the most part other than high phosphates (tank was neglected by a person for 3 months when I took it over with 0 maintenance.

Bought a filefish to help with aiptasia explosion, and day 2 he has found an extremely small crevice under a piece of rock. I went gently to nudge him with a gloved finger and he is still alive, albeit I don't even know how he wedged himself under so far.

Is there a concern to have here? He was drip acclimated by adding 4 oz of aquarium water to his bucket every 10 minutes for an hour. Currently only a clown and anemones in the tank. He is young (approx 1.5 inch) and was extremely skiddish in the store as well.

Impossible to attach photo that could shine a strong enough light in to see him visually.
This is normal in my experience, I would just leave him there to let him establish.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back