Filter cup media

ReefGirl87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers-

getting a filter cup to replace filter socks.. just learning a little about them and what to include in my media tower... what everyone’s filter cups looking like as far as media that’s in them, how you layer it and how often you replace/clean it. Thanks!

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Waballs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers-

getting a filter cup to replace filter socks.. just learning a little about them and what to include in my media tower... what everyone’s filter cups looking like as far as media that’s in them, how you layer it and how often you replace/clean it. Thanks!
What did you decide? I'm thinking about doing the same thing...

OP
OP
ReefGirl87

ReefGirl87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you decide? I'm thinking about doing the same thing...
So I went with the filter cup, and so far I am LOVING IT! My tank was crystal clear less than 24 hours after I made the switch! I have my chemi pure blue in the bottom of the cup and about 5 inches of filter floss loosely packed sitting on top of the chemi pure! Highly recommend it!

Waballs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I went with the filter cup, and so far I am LOVING IT! My tank was crystal clear less than 24 hours after I made the switch! I have my chemi pure blue in the bottom of the cup and about 5 inches of filter floss loosely packed sitting on top of the chemi pure! Highly recommend it!

Great! I'll give it a try. :)

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get a filter cup holder? I bought a 4" cup from BRS.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can probably reduce the 5 inches, next time you change the floss you will see how far the detritus has got into the floss then you’ll know the best amount to use, so you are not wasting any.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back