Filter floss after refugium ? Defeats purpose ?

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I made this sump. I have filter socks coming right after my over flow as you can see. But I also added a spot for a strip of filter floss AFTER my refugium. I’m wondering if this will prevent my pods from making it to my display when they populate in the refugium section ? Should I remove the filter floss as I have filter socks before the refugium ?

E402F52B-3D57-4DDB-99B8-B0702E441910.jpeg

OP
OP
C

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you are worried, I would just get a coarse sponge instead.
That’s actually a great idea. I was leaning towards removing it but it helps hold down my egg crate for holding mechanical media. Thank you I’m going to do that exactly. Will that black sponge stuff for aquariums be coarse enough you think?

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s actually a great idea. I was leaning towards removing it but it helps hold down my egg crate for holding mechanical media. Thank you I’m going to do that exactly. Will that black sponge stuff for aquariums be coarse enough you think?

On amazon you can find coarse aquarium sponges but any lfs should have them too. As long as it isn't super fine cause water to not flow though then you should be good.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back