Filter roll replacement

HJ99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen some other threads on this but nothing definitive. I have a Bubble Magus medium that takes a 6" wide roll. The rolls from BM are a fine micron and with my setup last a week. I got two Aquamaxx rolls that are about 1/4" wider but larger micron. I cut them down with a meat slicer and they work much better lasting about a month. I figured just do that but now there is an issue getting them. BRS is supposed to get them maybe by end of Sept. and I'm on my last one.

So I'm again looking for an alternative. Supposedly the Clairasea roll is 6" but that's all I know about it. Maybe someone has one they could measure. I've also read about coolant filter paper but not a lot of detail. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I like the roller and I did some customization to install it but the roll issue is a real hassle.

KC's CNC Creations

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this might not be much help to you on locating new rolls but.............though trial and error i've found that water depth (or better how deep your roller is in the water) plays a huge roll in how efficient the fleece rolls are. i have a trigger sump that you can't adjust the depth of the fleece and it's very inefficient and runs though a roll pretty quickly and the used roll isn't very 'dirty' i have an AF1 that i've adjusted UP to make it more efficient and a roll lasts nearly a year and is VERY dirty on the used side yet keeps water quality just fine.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this might not be much help to you on locating new rolls but.............though trial and error i've found that water depth (or better how deep your roller is in the water) plays a huge roll in how efficient the fleece rolls are. i have a trigger sump that you can't adjust the depth of the fleece and it's very inefficient and runs though a roll pretty quickly and the used roll isn't very 'dirty' i have an AF1 that i've adjusted UP to make it more efficient and a roll lasts nearly a year and is VERY dirty on the used side yet keeps water quality just fine.
So are you saying you feel roller filter does better in deeper water or better when out of the water ?

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
higher does cause a little more water level fluctuation, but it's dramatically more efficient on fleece use.
I was just passing through and wonder if you or someone could explain how one roller brand can last longer. I thought those things advanced at a set speed. Admittedly I probably just don’t totally understand how they work

KC's CNC Creations

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just passing through and wonder if you or someone could explain how one roller brand can last longer. I thought those things advanced at a set speed. Admittedly I probably just to totally understand how they work
a float valve is triggered by water level when the fleece gets 'clogged up'

the higher out of the water the fleece sits, the more water pressure it has to filter the water before it rises and triggers the float, when the float is triggered it only advances the roll till the water level drops below the float switch, then it stops.

OP
OP
HJ99

HJ99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the suggestion but I tried raising it as that was also suggested by BM. Made no difference. The difference I have found is in the micron rating and of course how dirty the water is. The BM is 20 I believe and the Aquamaxx is 50. When held to the light, you can see the difference. I have a couple of Filter Paper Rolls in 50m coming from an ebay seller. They are larger dia. but I can rig something up since the sump is in the basement and height isn't an issue.

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still stuck with my Bubble Magus. Was fine for months until recently buying a replacement roll. It's over flowing even when the flow is cut in half. I tried an Aquamaxx roll once and it was slightly too wide. Bubble Magus won't respond to my facebook post asking what's going, since I'm not the only one who's experienced this.

Still looking for a solution.

OP
OP
HJ99

HJ99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still stuck with my Bubble Magus. Was fine for months until recently buying a replacement roll. It's over flowing even when the flow is cut in half. I tried an Aquamaxx roll once and it was slightly too wide. Bubble Magus won't respond to my facebook post asking what's going, since I'm not the only one who's experienced this.

Still looking for a solution.
They told me that there were some bad rolls but they were from 2020 I believe. I sent back ones I had and they said there was nothing wrong with them. Do you have ones bought recently ? I'll update when I try the ebay ones coming Monday.

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought two around February or March. Overflowed like crazy. Wasted $40 so I didn't risk buying any more. Pulled the roller and put a sock back in. I'm really interested if the ebay ones work. I briefly looked on ebay and couldn't find 6".

There is definitely something wrong with mine. I'd been using the roller over a year. I cut the flow in half, and these last two rolls still almost instantly over flow.

I've got one original roll up stored away that I guess I could test, but I got frustrated with the situation. Even if it works, that only gets me a months use before I'm back to square one. Please update on the ebay roll.

OP
OP
HJ99

HJ99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought two around February or March. Overflowed like crazy. Wasted $40 so I didn't risk buying any more. Pulled the roller and put a sock back in. I'm really interested if the ebay ones work. I briefly looked on ebay and couldn't find 6".

There is definitely something wrong with mine. I'd been using the roller over a year. I cut the flow in half, and these last two rolls still almost instantly over flow.

I've got one original roll up stored away that I guess I could test, but I got frustrated with the situation. Even if it works, that only gets me a months use before I'm back to square one. Please update on the ebay roll.
You could try contacting them.
Guy's name is Tom. He said they did have a batch that wouldn't flow water at all. I don't know if that's what you have or not. He tested mine by putting it under a facet and said water passed through it. Then he installed it on his system and said it worked fine. So I guess it depends on water condition also. But if the water is as clean as tap water, why would you need a filter in the first place ??? I will definitely post back with how the filter paper rolls work out.

OP
OP
HJ99

HJ99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did the ebay roll work?
Just installed one yesterday. Seems to flow well but too soon to tell how long it will last. Seems to be advancing more than the Aquamaxx did. I also made a new spindle out of a piece of 11/2" PVC since the roll is larger Dia. I'll try and get a photo later.

OP
OP
HJ99

HJ99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did the ebay roll work?
Just to update, it does work but not lasting as long as the Aquamaxx did. I got the 50micron. It is better than the BM ones but that could be because it's 150 feet. I sent a message to see if they have 80 or even 100 micron.

OP
OP
HJ99

HJ99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

indo107

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
re: KLIR 7" with wave engine
I am just now realizing why mine is not rotating.. I can hear the little motor running, but have to give it a little hand assistance. the fleece roll is half wet. so it is "lopsided"? sort of "bottom heavy".. guess I will need to replace. as it will not dry on its own.. sorry a lil off topic, and first comment..

willieboy240

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve used the eBay one for a year. It makes my sump stink. Grows a while film that smells horrible.
I have the old school rollermat. Brs doesn’t carry the replacement anymore. Those didn’t smell.

Back