Filtration Issue

Mason W.

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 24, 2022
Messages
16
Reaction score
9
Location
Twin Cities
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night the gasket on my canister filter broke, and the only other filtration I have right now is a hang on back filter rated for a 30g tank and mine is a 55g. Also all it’s running is biomedia. Do y’all think this would be fine until my new gasket comes? It should arrive on the 11th of next month. I can take some of the media out of my canister and put it in my HOB. I’m also hopefully getting a skimmer in a couple days.
 
Water motion is what's critical. The HOB definitely helps. If you already have a powerhead or wavemaker I wouldn't worry about it although it wouldn't hurt to add another
I have a power head in the tank. Thanks for the reply.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new