Filtration setup for JBJ 65 flat panel AIO?

JOSH2SIMMONS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone, first time poster here and need some help with my new JBJ 65 Rimless setup. I need help setting up the filter media for this tank. It will be a FOWLR set up with a fairly low bioload. My plan is to have about 6 or 7 fish at most when it is fully stocked. 1 Bangai cardinal, 1 royal gramma, pair of clowns, yellow watchman goby and either an angel or something else that will get along with everyone in the tank. Everything is stock in the tank in regards to pumps, filter sock and filter media but I did add a eflux pump for flow since I have Current USA dual Marine IC lights and loop controller. I will be adding a protein skimmer into the back sump as well. My main question is what media works best and where do you have it? I have seen some people put the media in the same chamber as the socks and some people put it in the chamber next to the socks. Would you add chempure blue? Any help is much appreciated as I am fairly new to the hobby.
tank.jpeg
tank1.jpeg
tank2.jpeg
tank3.jpeg
tank4.jpeg

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, congratulations on your tank— it’s coming along fantastically. And welcome to R2R. Although I personally don’t use Chemipure often, it has a great reputation. I would say dropping it in a sock would reduce the flow around and through it, so it’s probably not preferable. Let’s see what others say. Best wishes. :)

T_Haberer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank and its been running for about 2 months, only thing I added was a Purigen bag above the filter media that came with the tank to help. So far everyone in the tank is happy including a bonded pair of Maroon Clownfish.

OP
OP
JOSH2SIMMONS

JOSH2SIMMONS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank and its been running for about 2 months, only thing I added was a Purigen bag above the filter media that came with the tank to help. So far everyone in the tank is happy including a bonded pair of Maroon Clownfish.
That’s for the tip. What equipment are you running on your setup.

T_Haberer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running 2 Cobalt aquarium heaters off an inkbird controller, Orbit/Current USA LED lighting with 2 wave pumps running off the controller. Will be adding a protein skimmer soon as well.

OP
OP
JOSH2SIMMONS

JOSH2SIMMONS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running 2 Cobalt aquarium heaters off an inkbird controller, Orbit/Current USA LED lighting with 2 wave pumps running off the controller. Will be adding a protein skimmer soon as well.
I have the same lights and wave pumps. I just ordered the current usa return pumps as well so I can control everything without worrying about an additional controller. Are you thinking about a UV sterilizer?? Are you doing a reef tank or FOWLR? I'm doing FOWLR.

T_Haberer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you using the return pumps for on the AIO setup? I was thinking of adding a UV sterilizer once the tank gets a little older but I'm doing a FOWLR but have limited selection as most of my fish are on the aggressive side.

T_Haberer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, where did you put your heaters? I don't see them in your picture and I'm trying to hide mine better.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back