OP
Hallowhead

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean, that's the whole issue - the dose he suggests has no ability to be controlled - you don't know the amount of food being fed, nor the dose of the medication, or how much of the medication gets rinsed off when you put it in the tank same purpose as the Focus?
The chance of either over or under dosing is almost assuredly going to happen. I understand the instruction in my article are complicated, but that's because it is a very complicated issue.

Jay
The method in the article is just not feasible at the smaller hobbiest level. These small packets of medicine are and have worked before. I'll just go very light on antibiotic

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The method in the article is just not feasible at the smaller hobbiest level. These small packets of medicine are and have worked before. I'll just go very light on antibiotic
You need to reduce the recipe of course, but keep the ratios the same. I routinely make 200 gram batches of medicated gel diet. I use all sort of ingredients - you just need to keep the food/gelatin/water ratios the same.

Jay

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 124 81.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back