Finally a phone pic I like

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They weren't really very good pics and were meant to post on the tunze photo bomb thread :zany-face:
keep them coming :) it would be awesome to have your thread packed full of reef related phone pictures ! I liked some of those clown fish pics they had some good detail, and good colors :)

OP
OP
exnisstech

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
keep them coming :) it would be awesome to have your thread packed full of reef related phone pictures ! I liked some of those clown fish pics they had some good detail, and good colors :)
It's letting me go edit the empty posts so I'll go back and fill in the blanks

Titleist1964

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an S21, I shoot in Pro Mode as well. I'm just an average phone pic taker, but when one starts messing around with the settings I think we can land some interesting shots. Here's a couple if I may.
Duncan.jpg
ZG.jpg
CAN4.jpg
SPS.jpg

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an S21, I shoot in Pro Mode as well. I'm just an average phone pic taker, but when one starts messing around with the settings I think we can land some interesting shots. Here's a couple if I may.
Duncan.jpg
ZG.jpg
CAN4.jpg
SPS.jpg
That duncan picture quality is really good, nice shot!

Swede Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Samsung s22 ultra and discovered some very cool apps.
Expert Raw to take pics.
PhotoDirector Raw editor.
Combining these two and finally I can also have some decent pictures... I can correct a bit for my mistakes ;) Just starting using with a light orange filter. I find I actually don't use the editor as much as I thought I would. Just correcting exposure and balance a tiny bit. Anyone else try these apps? I am very new to coral photography and just started a few days ago. Always looking for advise...
2022-08-19-20-12-04-998.jpg

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Samsung s22 ultra and discovered some very cool apps.
Expert Raw to take pics.
PhotoDirector Raw editor.
Combining these two and finally I can also have some decent pictures... I can correct a bit for my mistakes ;) Just starting using with a light orange filter. I find I actually don't use the editor as much as I thought I would. Just correcting exposure and balance a tiny bit. Anyone else try these apps? I am very new to coral photography and just started a few days ago. Always looking for advise...
2022-08-19-20-12-04-998.jpg
No but I'm going to check them out now, thanks. Nice shot also, great colors

OP
OP
exnisstech

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just starting using with a light orange filter.
I started off using orange and yellow filters but I rarely use them any longer now that I know I can adjust the white balance in pro mode. It was actually a guy at my lfs that turned me on to pro mode.

Swede Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started off using orange and yellow filters but I rarely use them any longer now that I know I can adjust the white balance in pro mode. It was actually a guy at my lfs that turned me on to pro mode.
Yes, I agree Pro mode works great, I started using raw mode with the apps I mentioned and even more control, like it is easy to back some of the blue out. I still use the light orange filter but find using it less and less. Did not know about Pro mode until my s21 got replaced due to damage under warranty. All they could get was the s22 ultra since the s21ultra was not available.... Very happy with the new camera on the s22 ultra.

OP
OP
exnisstech

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Swede Reef
Just downloaded expert raw. Having the live histogram is awesome. I have to be careful with this one. When I shot raw with a dslr I spent waaaaay to much time on the pc editing photos. First shot using raw edited in lightroom. Not to shabby for my first attempt with a 60 second edit. I have never been able to get this guy in focus before. 20220820_113937.jpg Screenshot_20220820-114628_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

Swede Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Swede Reef
Just downloaded expert raw. Having the live histogram is awesome. I have to be careful with this one. When I shot raw with a dslr I spent waaaaay to much time on the pc editing photos. First shot using raw edited in lightroom. Not to shabby for my first attempt with a 60 second edit. I have never been able to get this guy in focus before. 20220820_113937.jpg Screenshot_20220820-114628_Gallery.jpg
That is awesome! It certainly helps me :) Never used lightroom. I am trying PhotoDirector with ads, still the tools are awesome and I like it because I can make certain my pics look like certain vendor so I kind of know what expect if I were to order something that looks to good to be true ;) bought a rainbow Hammer a while back that looked golden greenish that is actually pinkish purple, absolutely stunning but the vendor likes to play with with the color a bit. But I know what to expect now...

OP
OP
exnisstech

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To much playing, it's kinda cartoon
I just made the mistake of looking at some of my posted photos on my computer monitor. I must say they suck. Everything looks good on a small screen I guess:thinking-face: I viewed your last set on the monitor also and they look superb. Nice detail for sure.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 53 85.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back