Finally going "big" - 120G

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottMyers123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't you say that you used an epoxy to glue the rocks together. If so that could be the reason for your skimmer going crazy. I know from experience, about two weeks ago I added about 20 new frags using about half a stick of epoxy and for 4 days my skimmer went crazy. Not sure this the issue with yours but just a thought.

Dropped

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The setup is looking really good. Interested to see what you do with the controller board.

Have you got any more information about the rare earth magnets?

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So first nice detailed build loved reading it.
Second u took off the check valves on the returns how do u now stop the back syphon from happening if the power goes out?

ksfulk

Working back towards clean
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well in a horrifying development, my replacement center brace has failed. Not the Weldon 16 glue up mind you, but the strip of polycarbonate itself just snapped under tension. Luckily everything held together and I was able to get a clamp over the span to pull it back into alignment - it had bowed about 1/4" already. Stupid. Shoulda just started with a new tank.
So now I have to decide what to do. Some options, in order of easy & cheap to expensive & difficult:
1. Try to find a top trim somewhere in good shape, then drain down enough to replace it
2. Get a brand new tank exactly the same - drill the same and swap it out
3. Get a nicer (rimless maybe) tank with the same dimensions, drilled for the same overflow
<sigh>
The research begins.

Ugh.... thats so disheartening - and it was looking so nice too. I wouldnt mess with the tank if the trim is whats giving away. I dont know if there is a off the shelf rimless thats the same dimensions, but even a new 120 would look nice. Good luck with the swap out!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back