Finally got rock flower anenome and now a problem

  • Thread starter Thread starter fishski13
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

fishski13

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 24, 2021
Messages
969
Reaction score
716
Location
New Jersey/New York
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys I finally got a rock flower anenome and I put it into a 10 gallon reef tank. The first day I put it in it looked like it settled in a nice place in front of the tank, however over night it moved all the way into the back of the tank and is in a crevices within the rock and sand. I cannot access that area of the tank to feed it and it doesnt look like it getting much light. And not to mention I cannot see it at all. Should I attempt to move it into a spot it can be fed?
 
It will move if it wants. They can trap food floating by if they want. Let it be for a few weeks.
 
Unfortunately anemones of all kinds move where they want. No matter how much we move them
 
That the thing with all nems. You can attempt to put them where you want it, but most likely it won’t stay there.
 
That the thing with all nems. You can attempt to put them where you want it, but most likely it won’t stay there.
have 5 in a larger lagoon tank. 4 of them sit still and behave
one has a porcelain crab in it that takes the crab for a ride all over the tank - so far when it gets into a place I don't want it, it can be scraped up and repositioned - but feel for you as it is in the rocks...
just have to wait it out. it will move again
 
Here is a shot tonight I got of my rbta taking a ride in a snail.
1A8F3E90-B34A-4AD8-9537-ED38E720B251.jpeg
 
Wow I didnt even know they were capable, everything I read mentioned little to no movement. Have you ever had experience of them stinging corals?
I’m not sure rock flowers can sting, I will have to wait for someone else to answer that. But bubble tips, as the one riding the snail will sting corals.
 
I’m not sure rock flowers can sting, I will have to wait for someone else to answer that. But bubble tips, as the one riding the snail will sting corals.
Oh my bad, why did I think you said rfa not rbta. Now that makes more sense lol
 
I’m not sure rock flowers can sting, I will have to wait for someone else to answer that. But bubble tips, as the one riding the snail will sting corals.
My rainbow grew so fast, to began to sting three of the surrounding corals until I had to sell it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new