Finally! My first aquascape. Fluval 13.5

U_ser_ID

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just glued these together. Three big rocks with one small on top and two tiny ones filling in and a small island. Opinions welcomed. I will be putting Hawaii black substrate in once I mix my saltwater. I've always wanted a marine tank and my oldest child has been curious when I will finally get my tank done (220 go needing a new front glass) so I bought this Fluval nano since we plan to move one more time and I don't want to tear down a 220 to move.
0227202037.jpg
0227202037a.jpg
0227202038.jpg

OP
OP
U

U_ser_ID

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Espino, I like your island. How long has your tank been setup? I'm probably going with the ever popular clowns too. :)

Birr83

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice setup. FYI, if you use intank media chambers, you are going to want to plug the hole on the middle of the overflow wall.
IMG_20200223_154250.jpg

OP
OP
U

U_ser_ID

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice setup. FYI, if you use intank media chambers, you are going to want to plug the hole on the middle of the overflow wall.

Good heads up, I plan on doing that, just need to find some sacrificial black plastic. Lol

Just make sure your magnet cleaner can fit between the rocks, looks close in the pics. Good luck!

It's very close and hopefully my thought of using a razor blade by hand for those coupe spots. I can just fit a finger in there.

Birr83

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good heads up, I plan on doing that, just need to find some sacrificial black plastic. Lol

It's very close and hopefully my thought of using a razor blade by hand for those coupe spots. I can just fit a finger in there.
The tank should have come with one. Check the packaging. Also when you order the intank chamber should come with one

Espino963

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Espino, I like your island. How long has your tank been setup? I'm probably going with the ever popular clowns too. :)

My tank has only been up a little over 2 months, however i did use established rock from a friends tank which helped speed the process.

I have both media baskets and I actually have an extra plug for the middle with the intank water director (Brand new). PM me your address and i will ship it to you.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 187 71.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 19 7.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 49 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.7%
Back