OP
OP
NatD

NatD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kids’ backpacks next to the tank? My kids are clearly more accident-prone than yours!

I sure hope so! The one closest to the tank is my 12 year old daughter, who is very cautious by nature. I hope I don’t regret saying that later. *knock on wood*. My bigger concern is that my toddler has discovered the feeding door on the lid.:rolleyes:

OP
OP
NatD

NatD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still waiting on calm weather in FL so that TBS can safely dive for the first half of my rock.

In the meantime, I’ve been busying myself installing the ATO, installing a float valve on the RODI container, and getting my supplies ready for QT and care of fish.
9A7144AA-F2DD-4153-8B27-C057C67C8379.jpeg

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have done an amazing job with this build. It was beautiful watching (reading) this all come together.

I'm almost jealous because I want to get by build started but I still have to wait.

OP
OP
NatD

NatD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have done an amazing job with this build. It was beautiful watching (reading) this all come together.

I'm almost jealous because I want to get by build started but I still have to wait.
Thank you so much!!

TBS says the first part of The Package will be ready the week of the 27th!

OP
OP
NatD

NatD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no idea! I just sent them a note to ask if there's an update.

The little filefish are swimming around and not shy at all, but did not accept the food (frozen fish eggs) I offered them this morning. Will try some other things this afternoon.

OP
OP
NatD

NatD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well both little filefish passed away just under 24 hours after they arrived. :( So sad. The worst.

In the morning they were swimming around, when I came home at lunch to check on them they were gone.

No sign of anything wrong in the tank. No ammonia. So I just don’t know. Ughhh.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well both little filefish passed away just under 24 hours after they arrived. :( So sad. The worst.

In the morning they were swimming around, when I came home at lunch to check on them they were gone.

No sign of anything wrong in the tank. No ammonia. So I just don’t know. Ughhh.
Aw man. So sad. A bonded pair too! That is definitely the hard part of QT and especially getting fish online. Share your QT process step by step to get good feed back from folks.

OP
OP
NatD

NatD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A huge bummer for sure.

It was so fast that I hadn’t even medicated. I had set the qt to the 1.026 salinity that DD uses 24 hours in advance. When they arrived I floated them for 30 mins (because the water felt cold to my hands, but didn’t puncture to temp it), then confirmed the pH and salinity matched and let them loose.

They never ate but looked alright and then they were gone less than 24 hours later. :(

The qt is a 20 gal with plastic hiding spots, a HOB filter, heater with controller, and a power head.I used TM salt and Biospira, with ammonia badge. I only tried to feed them once, 1/4 cube of fish eggs, so limited chance for ammonia regardless I think?

OP
OP
NatD

NatD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today’s the day! Today’s the day!

One day shy of 3 months ago I ordered “The Package”. Today, part one arrives! Lots of photos to follow this afternoon.

dbraun15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today’s the day! Today’s the day!

One day shy of 3 months ago I ordered “The Package”. Today, part one arrives! Lots of photos to follow this afternoon.

Sweet! Look forward to seeing all the life!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 149 60.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 27.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 85 34.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 66 26.9%
Back