Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Looks great - and those 1in RFGs are goignto flow this tank nicely given the position they are in. The only thing you may need to do as add a segment or two of 1in modular hose between the nozzles the the MPT fitting to drop them just a bit lower below the water line. However, I would wet-test it first just to be sure before adding that in.Okay! Plumbing dry fit is all done!
Beananimal overflow (primary and secondary drains are both 1.5”, emergency is 2”) and 2 1” returns with @Vivid Creative Aquatics Random Flow Generators.
Now that it’s all dry fit, I need to glue the pvc. Then I’ll use Weld-on 16 to attach the weir to the black acrylic sides of the overflow box. The lid of the overflow box fits perfectly but won’t be attached — will keep critters out but will still allow me to access what’s inside. I’m also putting black acrylic across the back of the tank behind the overflow/plumbing box to keep light out and prevent algae.
![]()
![]()
Look at all these new reef toys! It’s better than Christmas in here!
![]()
Looks great - and those 1in RFGs are goignto flow this tank nicely given the position they are in. The only thing you may need to do as add a segment or two of 1in modular hose between the nozzles the the MPT fitting to drop them just a bit lower below the water line. However, I would wet-test it first just to be sure before adding that in.
Either way, we are now following along :cool:
Perfect - 1in below the water line will be more than enough.thanks!!! I left 1” between what I believe will be the water line and the top of the RFG. If I need to I’ll grab that modular line from you though. Glad to have you!
Also, I love that you INCLUDED the siphon break on the nozzle and designed it in a way that it won’t spray water all over creation. So great.
Thanks — I’m totally bummed about it! But, stuff happens and that’s why we test. :)Nice build, very interesting. Like you innovative use of securing the plumbing. Sorry that if wasn’t water tide the first time around. Understand very well how frustrating that is.....
Thanks! I ended up going with a pair of Kessils over it, so I could totally grow our frags in there. Would you believe I hadn’t even considered this? Thank you!Nice job! I love the idea of the separate refugium/frag tank/extra space. This is what I'll be doing for sure!