Welcome to reef2reef!!!!!
DB9F426F-EFCF-440B-87ED-AE0EC74C1C11.gif

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been on here for a little while but not said hello before.

I’m an animal person who couldn’t resist trying something new. So after Covid sent me home from my awesome job in education and conservation in Namibia where I got to work with some of the coolest animals ever I wanted a new challenge with some more cool critters. So at the turn of the year I bought a used converted freshwater tank and started reefing.

A few months in and I’ve probably gone too fast but everything seems in perfect health. I’ve got 11 fish, a couple of cleaner shrimp, and a RFA in my 110 gallon. My current favorite is either my Naoko or my skunk cleaner as they’ll both come say hi and hand feed. I’ve also got a handful of corals which seem to be doing well most of the time but I’ve found them very hard to read so who knows.
1B45618A-A390-492B-9050-3325576ECD3E.jpeg

My long term plan is a big tank and an epaulette shark but that’s a long way away.

So far R2R has been such a great resource with great responses which is great because I have a million questions (though I doubt most are worthy of a post).
0CF0377E-1A04-42D0-8658-544EB9BC2A85.jpeg

Welcome! Glad you joined. You are well on your way!! Great photos (of all!!)

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you:

This might help you find people if you go back overseas:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 95 41.5%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 115 50.2%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 3.5%
Back