Finally saying Hi

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been on here for a little while but not said hello before.

I’m an animal person who couldn’t resist trying something new. So after Covid sent me home from my awesome job in education and conservation in Namibia where I got to work with some of the coolest animals ever I wanted a new challenge with some more cool critters. So at the turn of the year I bought a used converted freshwater tank and started reefing.

A few months in and I’ve probably gone too fast but everything seems in perfect health. I’ve got 11 fish, a couple of cleaner shrimp, and a RFA in my 110 gallon. My current favorite is either my Naoko or my skunk cleaner as they’ll both come say hi and hand feed. I’ve also got a handful of corals which seem to be doing well most of the time but I’ve found them very hard to read so who knows.
1B45618A-A390-492B-9050-3325576ECD3E.jpeg

My long term plan is a big tank and an epaulette shark but that’s a long way away.

So far R2R has been such a great resource with great responses which is great because I have a million questions (though I doubt most are worthy of a post).
0CF0377E-1A04-42D0-8658-544EB9BC2A85.jpeg

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome to r2r,hope all is well.
I used to like skunk cleaner shrimp ( had 2 ,but one died last week )and when other dies I will not replace, they just bother everything ,killed a conch,steal food from corals,and yeah just bother most stuff in my tank but just noticed my coral beauty going to nip its white feelers so maybe stuff stuck on there or something but shrimp not like it and I say pay back lol
Yeah don't like them no more

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the salty side and the community! That's a very nice looking tank and I look forward to seeing more. I'm also jealous of your job in Namibia! You are sooooo lucky to have experienced that! I definitely would love to see more of those pics. :) Those cheetah cubs are a bundle of cuteness and beauty in such a tiny package! :)

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome to r2r,hope all is well.
I used to like skunk cleaner shrimp ( had 2 ,but one died last week )and when other dies I will not replace, they just bother everything ,killed a conch,steal food from corals,and yeah just bother most stuff in my tank but just noticed my coral beauty going to nip its white feelers so maybe stuff stuck on there or something but shrimp not like it and I say pay back lol
Yeah don't like them no more
I love my shrimp!! He sits on my pump intake and picks out all the food that gets stuck there. And my third wheel Benggai loves to cuddle up with him.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the salty side and the community! That's a very nice looking tank and I look forward to seeing more. I'm also jealous of your job in Namibia! You are sooooo lucky to have experienced that! I definitely would love to see more of those pics. :) Those cheetah cubs are a bundle of cuteness and beauty in such a tiny package! :)
Yeah
They’re unfortunately orphans who’ll spend their lives as education ambassadors in captivity but we rehabilitated what we could.
1649377276512.jpeg

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my shrimp!! He sits on my pump intake and picks out all the food that gets stuck there. And my third wheel Benggai loves to cuddle up with him.
Glad you like him and no problems.
They are cool looking shrimp and can be beneficial,I've just gone off mine is all,wouldn't ever hurt it or anything like that ,so will let him live out his life unless catch him murdering anything again then he goes in sump jail with the other 2 naughty hermits lol

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello back at you, and welcome to R2R!! :)

What a cool job working with big cats.:) I have a MaineCoon, do that count:D

Great looking tank by the way.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello back at you, and welcome to R2R!! :)

What a cool job working with big cats.:) I have a MaineCoon, do that count:D

Great looking tank by the way.
Thanks, I love raccoons too. Had a juvenile stuck in my house when its family went for some light burgling he unfortunately couldn't find the cat slap and got stuck inside. I got him out and he was reunited with the fam. Still the cutest thing I've ever seen I think.

Back