Finding Sauce (a lot of tanks in a little time) RSR 250 Nem tank

Should this thread get an obituary, or turned into the nem thread?

• Kill it with fire

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Kill it with Draino

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Merci Mister...

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it’s a young one , starting him off in my 40b and moving him next year to a 125 which he will be the only inhabitant
I thought it was. Amazing fish man. Lfs had one not to long ago was already 4-5". Not sure if its normal behavior but was cool how it swam around tank. Almost like a leaf falling through the current.
Super awesome fish man!

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought it was. Amazing fish man. Lfs had one not to long ago was already 4-5". Not sure if its normal behavior but was cool how it swam around tank. Almost like a leaf falling through the current.
Super awesome fish man!
Thanks! Ye I had to cop due to it being my fav fish and it does swim like that! It pretends to be algae to trick predators when young / blends in with the seaweed , I already have him eating pellets and mysis so I’m hoping it will all be good

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Ye I had to cop due to it being my fav fish and it does swim like that! It pretends to be algae to trick predators when young / blends in with the seaweed , I already have him eating pellets and mysis so I’m hoping it will all be good
Super awesome man I figured it had to be natural. He would swim up to wave maker and just float back down like leaf over and over. Would love to set up a sump with one of those guys. Very cool

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super awesome man I figured it had to be natural. He would swim up to wave maker and just float back down like leaf over and over. Would love to set up a sump with one of those guys. Very cool
They grow up and look totally different , but interesting fish ! They can actually swim in the sand to trick predators waiting for them above, so they need a good 4inch sand bed, they also make a den for themselves to sleep, I’ve heard they will eat anything once grown tho, nothing is safe lol not even the cleaner shrimp

Panama Brown

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank looks great. Where's your main thread? Do you have a build thread I can follow?
You know... i just started a Nano build thread for my office 10g but never started one for my main display. :rolleyes: Think I will start one starting from 2 months ago when I did my build for my Waterbox 180

Panama Brown

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know... i just started a Nano build thread for my office 10g but never started one for my main display. :rolleyes: Think I will start one starting from 2 months ago when I did my build for my Waterbox 180
Get on it and get your build thread badge so we know where to SPLAM!

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Firstly thank you very much for the compliment. Always appreciated to hear from others. I'm normally my worst critic.

Now that you're talking about it I actually think that @Reefing_addiction is going through the same preliminary ICP testing in order to start the moonshine method. We were discussing it some last week. I'm not on FB so can't access most of that information easily but to be honest, I don't chase numbers. I try to stay in sinc with the animals in my tank and let them tell me if something is wrong. I've got a few canary corals in the I can always look to. The big ol bubble is one of them. If anything starts to slide, the bubble reacts pretty quickly.

The method is certainly flawed as reacting means the params have already moved slightly but I am disciplined about my maintenance routine.

I don't really mind doing water changes and cleaning filter socks. It's part of my Saturday morning routine. Put some music on, get in the groove.

I'm very much looking forward to ending the fallow period On my display tank. The refugium section in my sump is currently housing most of my frags. I had to switch out the kessil fuge light for one of my backup Chinese black boxes for the corals.

The cheato is kind of just stuck in the corner. I'll have to reseed macro when the time comes. Maybe even beg a care package out of Mr @Eagle_Steve . He's got all the good stuff.
Actually got my first ICP test back and it doesn’t look so bad!

@Panama Brown

//lab.atiaquaristik.com/share/5b4a49cbe3c9a634f10d

Now to get home and plug things into the calculator

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Smirkish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sunkist showing off it’s moves. 786E3215-2B6D-42D3-A242-FA8B7B23BF8D.jpeg 649B41D5-5277-42E3-AD1F-E044EF872CCD.jpeg

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope you enjoyed it and learned a thing. I know I did.

for sure my guy. I enjoy the builds of all of the group. Which is why I’m slowly making my way through them one by one.

and I definitely learned something. Several things in fact. And dang it can’t wait until I can buy some earl from ya

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back