Fine tiny polyps covering live rock after nitrate spike

KateAtkins

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 18, 2023
Messages
10
Reaction score
6
Location
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve had some major issues with nitrates due to over feeding of brine shrimp party because of me being away and a friend looking after the tank and partly me worrying about a mandarin goby.

Now I’ve got some algae issues etc that I’m working through but I’ve got these weird very very fine and tiny polyps that have just gone nuts and covering everything. Even superglue from attaching plugs.

It’s kind of clear / white and when I feed brine shrimp they catch them and I can see the little shrimps in their mouths.

I think they are irritating my gonis. Everyone is pretty grumpy. I’m still struggling to get my levels back to normal and doing more water changes and trying to balance the brine shrimp drama.

Any thoughts? What can I do?

Thank you so much!

IMG_0194.jpeg
IMG_0189.jpeg IMG_0188.jpeg
 
Thanks everyone. This makes sense. And now I’m depressed. Hahah. I wonder if I can take to them with a toothbrush??
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 31 30.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new