Fine tuning Nopox

WVReefJunkie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hello, I am currently dosing Nopox, through a Neptune Dos. I started with a daily Dose of 8 ML, now up to 16 ML.N03 hasnt reduced yet, but is holding at 20 ppm. So when N03 starts to fall, how much should I reduce Nopox for my maintenance dose? Thanks

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once nitrate starts to fall just reduce the dose in accordance with the instructions

So I guess your at 3ml per 100 litres per day or thereabouts at the moment so just stay there until it drops to 10 and then start reducing to 2ml per day.

The figures are a general guide so you may need a little more or less it’s just a balancing act as all systems are different. I’ve been as high as 4-5ml per day/100 litres but you have to just keep an eye on things.

If you get any white slime which are bacterial blooms, just back of the dose a ml or so, or increase water movement in the affected areas. I get it sometimes in the sump on my S650 at the higher doses, so I just ‘ripple’ the water surface with an output hose or something and it keeps it clear

Last edited:

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK :D Not so huge with other words - its around 1 ml/100 L (I´m Swedish - we use the metric system) But my experiences is that NoPOx is very potent and - at least in my aquarium - I do not prefer to go much higher per 100 L than that. If you rise the dose - do it carefully. IME - it will take a month or two before it change the NO3 level. Look for the signs that @SPR1968 mentioned

Sincerely Lasse

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NoPox can be very potent.

I did a few big water changes right in a row (30% each day for three days) to bring my nitrates down, and then started dosing NoPox to get to my target nitrate level.

Crazydiamond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my nitrates under control with nopox. Took 20 days, then I cut the dose in half. Been dosing the ‘maintenance dose’ daily and got notrate down to 3 ppm from 40 ppm on a 500 gallon mixed reef system. Just put some GFO on line to take Phosphates just below1.0. Added 10 monster turbo snails and the system NOW looks pristine. Test parameters weekly to see which way my levels are trending. Adjust accordingly !

Crazydiamond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres a pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 10

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back