Finicky fish advice

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
@vetteguy53081 of course, but it seems to me that same question applies to all the fish we buy (absent captive bred and other known sources). As I cast about the web, it appears to me that bicolors are now "hardy" in aquariums, and certainly if you believe the Fishy Business Guy. I have no reason to doubt him, he starts off saying I would never have recommended this fish. He apparently has 30 years of experience in the business and maintains private and commercial tanks all week, in addition to his fish store (I have no affiliation with them, don't live anywhere near them and don't know boo about them, it's just a set of videos I found on the web). Other reefers on r2r here are reporting good experiences now with bicolors as well, and others report they used to die on them. So the reports are all very consistent, which seems a good sign.

Time will tell of course.

For now, I'm pleased to report that my "finicky" eater now is weened off of worms. He's now got the hang of NLS pellets and can snarf them down like a champ. Eats other pellets, Reef Frenzy etc. He's still a tad ambivalent compared to his tank mate, but he's not leaving food behind, etc.

I want both these guys handling the NLS because they need to be vacation ready (autofeeder). Day-to-day I hand feed a variety.
I would hope that is the case and you know the risks of feeding wild fish- they eat or don’t
Hopefully yours remains eating

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 37 30.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.1%
Back