Finished my DIY control board!

  • Thread starter Thread starter BriDroid
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BriDroid

I glue animals to rocks.
View Badges
Joined
Aug 2, 2024
Messages
1,707
Reaction score
2,312
Location
Prosper, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im trying to get everything I can automated for when I travel. I also want everything to fit in/on my stand for my little 11 gallon cube. I found this shelf a while back and decided to build a “cabinet” for my controller on the side. I wanted it hinged so that I can hide wires under it. I ended up with about 50mm of space behind the board. Finding a way to keep it closed was a challenge, but my wife told me about child cabinet locks, and they work great! The other side has a piece of 2040 aluminum that will hold my 4 dosing pumps.

Please forgive the mess in the back. It’s been too hot/humid to do it in the garage, so I’ve been working in my office.
IMG_2234.jpeg

IMG_2235.jpeg

IMG_2236.jpeg
 
That looks awesome!! Please feel free to post more pics of the tank and build!
 
Im trying to get everything I can automated for when I travel. I also want everything to fit in/on my stand for my little 11 gallon cube. I found this shelf a while back and decided to build a “cabinet” for my controller on the side. I wanted it hinged so that I can hide wires under it. I ended up with about 50mm of space behind the board. Finding a way to keep it closed was a challenge, but my wife told me about child cabinet locks, and they work great! The other side has a piece of 2040 aluminum that will hold my 4 dosing pumps.

Please forgive the mess in the back. It’s been too hot/humid to do it in the garage, so I’ve been working in my office.
IMG_2234.jpeg

IMG_2235.jpeg

IMG_2236.jpeg
Beyond my knowledge and patience congratulations
 
Im trying to get everything I can automated for when I travel. I also want everything to fit in/on my stand for my little 11 gallon cube. I found this shelf a while back and decided to build a “cabinet” for my controller on the side. I wanted it hinged so that I can hide wires under it. I ended up with about 50mm of space behind the board. Finding a way to keep it closed was a challenge, but my wife told me about child cabinet locks, and they work great! The other side has a piece of 2040 aluminum that will hold my 4 dosing pumps.

Please forgive the mess in the back. It’s been too hot/humid to do it in the garage, so I’ve been working in my office.
IMG_2234.jpeg

IMG_2235.jpeg

IMG_2236.jpeg
Ilike the idea of it being on hinges. I might have to incorporate that idea when I build my cabinets for my controller board.
 
It looks great! I really like how it swings out like that
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new