Finnex 247 Marine + SE 48”

Jsmith377

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I was unable to get any feedback from any forums and Finnex themselves never got back with me on numbers, I bought a meter and did my own. Apogee MQ-510. These are all directly under the light and the highest readings I got at the marked depths. The light is only 4” above the water.
Also, this was done with flow on. Returns and powerheads.
5B4A4C3C-185B-48BB-8B00-2950ADE32375.jpeg

Last edited:

twhit030

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I hate to say it but I kinda believe that. Par is based off usable light intensity not visual light intensity. If you get bored and play with blue vs white light intensity you’ll be able to see that. A lot of those cheaper lights don’t have much USABLE par

OP
OP
Jsmith377

Jsmith377

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to say it but I kinda believe that. Par is based off usable light intensity not visual light intensity. If you get bored and play with blue vs white light intensity you’ll be able to see that. A lot of those cheaper lights don’t have much USABLE par
Yeah I was somewhat budget building at the time, but didn’t research very well before I purchased. It’s actually surprisingly higher than I anticipated.

OP
OP
Jsmith377

Jsmith377

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless you’re trying to do all spa check out a ai prime or even the current marine lights they aren’t bad
I believe this to be about the same (maybe a little less) par as the current marine but less expensive. And it’s on a 48” tank so it would take 3 AI primes to adequately get the light spread/par even and I’m not throwing that kind of money at lights when there are more wallet friendly options. I appreciate the advice though!

twhit030

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I get that for sure! I’d check around on offer up and even the marketplace here. There’s people out there selling lights all over that aren’t trying to squeeze every penny out of it that they can. You’ll run into something eventually!

kwillingham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I was unable to get any feedback from any forums and Finnex themselves never got back with me on numbers, I bought a meter and did my own. Apogee MQ-510. These are all directly under the light and the highest readings I got at the marked depths. The light is only 4” above the water.
Also, this was done with flow on. Returns and powerheads.
5B4A4C3C-185B-48BB-8B00-2950ADE32375.jpeg
Do you run it on the default 24/7 setting? Any algae issues because of such a long cycle?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back