Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pictures of sump,
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
You can see how OCD I am, it took two weeks to find/order a red cable for my apex to run to my router.

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are not alone Fin! My Reef Savvy 50g cube has been a year wait. Latest and greatest ghost overflow, phantom bottom, and low iron glass. Would have received it much sooner however I changed the build on it so that delayed it. I bought a Reefbrite Hybrid Halide with quad XHO led's and dimmable ballast to go over it. All of that and I already have it posted for sale because I'm having Felix build me a much bigger tank. They called this evening to let me know it was shipping out too, said it should be here by Friday. I'll be watching your thread!
Saw your tank on Reef Savvy Face Book page today

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank one 24" x 24" cube took about 7 months, tank 2 , 8' x 30" x 36" h, and tank 3, 4' x 30" x 27" h ,I think cant remember would have to look at paper work. Ordered October 2014, shipping in two weeks! March 2016 Worth it! They are like a piece of art! I am very pickey with every detail, I can not find a flaw anywhere on this tank! I am thinking about ordering a forth tank 8' x 4' x 15"h frag tank next with a reef savvy sump to go with it. I am sure it will take over 1 year but I am ok with that.
image.jpeg
I like your floating canopy. Did you do that to hide the light fixture, or to help block some of the light from spilling out into the room? I am asking because I am considering something similar to that for mine. I have a canopy now, but don't want to put the ATI Powermodule inside of it. The tank will be in my living room and I am concerned that my wife will not be thrilled with the glare from the fixture.

Pictures of sump,
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
You can see how OCD I am, it took two weeks to find/order a red cable for my apex to run to my router.
That is all very neatly laid out. Personally, I would be concerned with my electronics being so close to my sump. Lots of exposure to a pretty harsh environment. I am planning on installing of my electronics in a cabinet on the outside of the stand. I do wish my stand had room for a dry section, but at 48", there isn't really a lot of extra room.

You are not alone Fin! My Reef Savvy 50g cube has been a year wait. Latest and greatest ghost overflow, phantom bottom, and low iron glass. Would have received it much sooner however I changed the build on it so that delayed it. I bought a Reefbrite Hybrid Halide with quad XHO led's and dimmable ballast to go over it. All of that and I already have it posted for sale because I'm having Felix build me a much bigger tank. They called this evening to let me know it was shipping out too, said it should be here by Friday. I'll be watching your thread!
Yeah, it is sounding like I will have a little longer to wait. I am ok with that, now that I am this far into the process. I will just be glad to move out of my 10 yer old Oceanic 140. I am downgrading in size a bit by choice, but realize that it will make a much nicer display. I will keep an eye out for your build. If you already have something started, please point me in that direction.

r33fswagg3r

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, it is sounding like I will have a little longer to wait. I am ok with that, now that I am this far into the process. I will just be glad to move out of my 10 yer old Oceanic 140. I am downgrading in size a bit by choice, but realize that it will make a much nicer display. I will keep an eye out for your build. If you already have something started, please point me in that direction.

I don't think you can go wrong when the downgrading you are doing is for a higher quality tank specifically tailored to your liking.

My Reef Savvy cube won't have a build thread, I already have it listed for sale locally because I'm having Reef Savvy build me a bigger tank. So my wait starts yet again.

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my Emperor Aquatics UV sterilizer this week. Most of the comments mention the size of the unit, I now understand why. It's a 40 watt light - 43" long and 3½" in diameter. The water will definitely have plenty of dwell time inside of the chamber. It will be fun fitting this into the plumbing scheme.

E758FBAF-FFF8-4DC7-BD1A-5B52AECD7B7C_zps21kcxaek.jpg

IMG_2757_zpsw0xxlihz.jpg

Last edited:

Chriscrna

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad yours is getting close. That would be nice to at least know that something was happening on it. Does Felix call before he gets started to see if there will be any changes? Seems like I remember someone saying that in one of the other Reef Savvy threads. I am sure I will love it once it gets here, but I am not too sure I would have gone this route, had I known that the wait time may be twice as long, or longer.

Do you have a build thread started yet? I would like to keep track of your tank also.

Totally worth the wait. Now that I've got the tank, I would wait for it all over again. It is THAT spectacular!

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally worth the wait. Now that I've got the tank, I would wait for it all over again. It is THAT spectacular!
Glad to hear that. Thanks. Every little bit of encouragement helps. :)

luca1998

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once you lay eyes on your work of art, you will quickly forget about your wait. I assure you of that.

Any other tank would be a disappointment.

This is a bold statement, but in my mind, it happens to be true. My 125 is a Reef Savvy and when I laid eyes on my Reef Savvy for the first time, , that's exactly how I felt.

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any word?
No, not yet. I have been in touch with Katiria with other questions, but didn't want to bring up the wait time. Honestly, it has not been really been much of an issue. At this point, I know that Felix will get to the tank as soon as he can. I don't want to rush him. I knew there would be a long wait for the tank when I ordered it. I do thank you for checking in though. I am still pretty much at a standstill here.

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg image.jpeg
Not rubbing it in, just some incentive. Getting this Monday,
Can't wait to see it in persons and hope your wait is not as long as mine
Awesome! I know you will be happy to see that pull up in the driveway. My day will come.

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just kidding. It will be you guys before too long. [emoji1597]
Ha, I am just glad to see them actually being delivered! :) Yours really came out nice. That stand and canopy are just killer! Mine's not going to look that good.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 48 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.7%
Back