Fin's Reef Savvy 125

Chriscrna

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still in waiting mode. I don't mind. The timing is not bad, as it turns out. My 80 year old mom fell and broke her femur about a month ago and I have been busy taking care of her and two houses. My wife was also hospitalized for a few days last week, due to a severe adverse reaction to a new medication - AND Tuesday, my wife is having a knee replacement. So, the tank is really not a priority right now. Hopefully by August things will get back close to normal. Thanks for asking though. One of these days...

Ugh what a drag man....sorry to hear that. But yes, the tank definitely takes a back seat at the moment. I wish a speedy recovery to both of them.

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah Fin sorry to hear about that, hope things get much better soon, be strong brother

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, today was the day that Felix @Reef Savvy called to say that he is starting on my tank! He was surprised when I asked him if he could delay shipping a couple of weeks. :) With all I have going on right now, plus a company trip to New Orleans at the end of July, I just couldn't take delivery of the tank any sooner than August. So, I am a happy camper! This will finally happen! Looking forward to getting all of my family members healthy again and spending some time building this system! That is, if I still have some money left after deductible and co-pays from my wife's two recent hospital stays. :-(

Scrappy RN

I'm your Huckleberry!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread, Fin, thanks for the link. I can't wait to see your setup once you get it! Will be following...once I figure out how to do so :D.

Going off to start my own pre-tank build thread...

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates?
No, nothing yet. Things are calming down a little on this end. My two orthopedic patients are doing better, but both are still in physical therapy. I haven't called Felix to tell him to go ahead and ship it yet. Not sure he finished it. I know he drilled the glass. He may have put me on the back burner when I asked him to postpone shipping. Thanks for checking in on me though. Life kinda got in the way of this build. Hope to be back on track soon.

jolt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, nothing yet. Things are calming down a little on this end. My two orthopedic patients are doing better, but both are still in physical therapy. I haven't called Felix to tell him to go ahead and ship it yet. Not sure he finished it. I know he drilled the glass. He may have put me on the back burner when I asked him to postpone shipping. Thanks for checking in on me though. Life kinda got in the way of this build. Hope to be back on track soon.

Well let's hope you get your tank before MACNA or else it could be october before you see it! Felix gets swamped with business after MACNA, plus taking at least a week just to do the show.

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well let's hope you get your tank before MACNA or else it could be october before you see it! Felix gets swamped with business after MACNA, plus taking at least a week just to do the show.
I sent Katiria an email this evening to see if the tank is finished and if I can get a shipping date. I didn't really think about MACNA, so I may have made a mistake in intentionally delaying the tank. Oh well, my fault. But, I really couldn't help it.

Good to hear from you Fin, well wishes.
Thank you! Things are improving a little here. Starting to turn my attention back to the project. I am still busy with helping out my mom get settled back into living in her home, along with doctor visits for both her and my wife and transport back and forth to physical therapy for my wife. I am beginning to wonder if I can find everything I have ordered over the past 14 months. :)

olaggie01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear things are improving Fin. Life has to come first. Fish second

Funny you mention finding things after you put them away. I installed my new RO system a few months ago and went to turn it on last week. The tds out of the membrane was the same as what was going in. I was perplexed. Turns out I never installed the ro membrane. ;).

And after searching for an hour, I determined that I never received the membrane from the vendor. They shipped me a new membrane and I'm back in the water making business

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well let's hope you get your tank before MACNA or else it could be October before you see it! Felix gets swamped with business after MACNA, plus taking at least a week just to do the show.
Apparently, you may be right on target with this statement, Jolt. :) Still waiting... patiently...

Jackcarp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently, you may be right on target with this statement, Jolt. :) Still waiting... patiently...
Good to hear from you Fin. Unfortunately MACNA and Felixs fund raiser for St. Jude kept him busy when he was building my tank but sounds like you've been able to use the time to get ready for the tank. It helped me to be able to pay off the tank and buy the equipment over time. I'm sure it won't be long after MACNA is over.

jolt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yeah, sorry Fin. I've been waiting for mine over 14 months now. Called them a few weeks ago and they said they wanted to try to get it ready before MACNA. Can't really say I'm buying into that actually happening. At this point I will consider myself lucky to get it by Thanksgiving

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have thought the wait time would have shortened by now, but I guess there is still a lot going on there in Miami with him enlarging his shop and all. I kown its been said before but once you get the tank and get things rolling you will forget all about the excruciating wait

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, let's not forget that I asked Felix to delay it a bit. In retrospect, that may not have been a great idea. But, since I did that, I certainly can't fault Felix for the wait. They moved the whole operation to a different part of the building where they are. So that factors into it also.

The tank is at least paid for and I have stocked up on everything I need, except the sump and plumbing parts. Hoping that my stuff won't be obsolete now. :)

Thanks for reading and happy reefing!

rs1831

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have to prepay to get on the list or do you pay when they start?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 106 86.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back