Fin's Reef Savvy 125

rs1831

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is going to be a great build! Did you end up getting the ikea cabinet? If so, is it think enough to screw in the components?

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is going to be a great build! Did you end up getting the ikea cabinet? If so, is it think enough to screw in the components?
Thank you! I am hoping that I don't screw it up.

No, I haven't gotten the cabinet(s) yet. I think I will likely need two of them, but I was going to order one first to see if they will meet my needs. My main worry about using those is I am not sure if some of the cords will be long enough to mount the controls behind the tank and off to the side. Especially since I want to keep them as neat as possible. I still have some more thinking to do on that.

Right now, the majority of my electronics are mounted to the back of my canopy. I won't have a canopy on the new tank, so I have a number of components that I have to find a place to mount. I will be losing some of what I have, like the OceansMotions 4-way valve & its plumbing that takes up some space back there, all of the transformers for the LED lights and the 4 T5s. I am hoping it will be a cleaner look. :)

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Signing up to see this one...once you finally get it! Should be awesome and worth the wait.

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Signing up to see this one...once you finally get it! Should be awesome and worth the wait.

Thank you for tagging along. I am still in waiting mode. I haven't really done anything on the project in the last few months. Should be getting closer though. I saw where Felix and the Reef Savvy crew spent a couple of weeks in Ohio building a massive tank on-site. It is awesome and I am following that one. I just hope there aren't too many more Reef Savvy builds like that one ahead of me. Ha!
https://www.bing.com/news/search?q=Jadeveon+Clowney&qpvt=jadeveon+clowney&FORM=EWRE

jolt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for tagging along. I am still in waiting mode. I haven't really done anything on the project in the last few months. Should be getting closer though. I saw where Felix and the Reef Savvy crew spent a couple of weeks in Ohio building a massive tank on-site. It is awesome and I am following that one. I just hope there aren't too many more Reef Savvy builds like that one ahead of me. Ha!

You and me both Fin!

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along Fin. Your build is going to be super fun to watch. :D
Thanks for following along. I hope I don't bore you to death. Not a lot going on here at the moment.

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You and me both Fin!
I mean really. They closed the whole business for 2 weeks to go build a tank! Not many businesses like that out there. Kinda leads me to liking them even more. A mom & pop aquarium builder on a national scale. :)

nervousmonkey

LPS Lover, SPS Enabler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for following along. I hope I don't bore you to death. Not a lot going on here at the moment.

Are you kidding? I think that I'm in the trenches working with ya, but I know you are way more anxious than I am. Still nervous down here and it's not even my build or my money. LOL. :eek:

Chriscrna

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very similar to his tank raffle/give-away for St. Jude's.

I was happy to take a back seat for such a great cause.

Nothing but respect for Felix and the work he does.

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Fin, we got your back, we are hear for moral support, just hang in there bro, it will be there before you know it. When I first got mine it sat in the garage for about a week, then when I got it in the house and on the stand, l just sat and looked at it empty for two days, the seams, the Phantom bottom, the beveled edges. "Tear" I think I'm in Love again LOL

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Fin, we got your back, we are hear for moral support, just hang in there bro, it will be there before you know it. When I first got mine it sat in the garage for about a week, then when I got it in the house and on the stand, l just sat and looked at it empty for two days, the seams, the Phantom bottom, the beveled edges. "Tear" I think I'm in Love again LOL
Thanks! I am sure I will be staring at mine empty for a while too. :) Tell me more about that phantom bottom. I didn't order that. Mine isn't rimless.

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stoked for you bro! Listening to Nashville LIVE, you? Fins up!

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good things come to those who wait my friend. This is going to be an amazing build. What's most important is not where you start, but how you finish.
As Jimmy Buffett would say, Fins up!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the encouragement. I will get started one of these days - and hopefully finish well. :)

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still in waiting mode. I don't mind. The timing is not bad, as it turns out. My 80 year old mom fell and broke her femur about a month ago and I have been busy taking care of her and two houses. My wife was also hospitalized for a few days last week, due to a severe adverse reaction to a new medication - AND Tuesday, my wife is having a knee replacement. So, the tank is really not a priority right now. Hopefully by August things will get back close to normal. Thanks for asking though. One of these days...

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 42.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 22.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back