OP
Fin

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those following along... I heard from Felix again today. An unexpected issue. The tank is mostly built, but while moving to the new shop, some of my euro-bracing was broken (before it was installed). Anyway, he left for MACNA today. He said he had to order some new glass and would finish the tank when he gets back. He also has to go up north to do another custom build while my tank cures. When he gets back, the tank should be ready to ship, assuming he gets the glass he needs before he has to head north.

With all that has happened in my family the last six months, I told him not to sweat it. This is not a major priority in my life at the moment. He is keeping me in the loop and I am fine with it. I don't think he is used to dealing with patient people. :)

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Gary, Thats one thing I really like about Felix.......his communication. I know your so stoked about this build! Can't wait to see it!!!

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"I don't think he is used to dealing with patient people." LOL you better believe he's not!

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Gary, Thats one thing I really like about Felix.......his communication. I know your so stoked about this build! Can't wait to see it!!!
I think the thing that impresses me is how down to earth he is. He is a salt water enthusiast's rock star and he is so easy to talk to and is genuinely concerned about getting you exactly what you want.

"I don't think he is used to dealing with patient people." LOL you better believe he's not!
I know, right? :)

Sounds like you will have your new tank soon Fin :)
Definitely closer to the end than the beginning and that's a good thing. I guess I should have waited to start the build thread, but then I may not have met some of the other Reef Savvy owners that I have enjoyed visiting with here. Hoping my build will be worth the wait to those following along. :)

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear Fin. Also I hope your ortho patients are doing better[emoji1303]
Thanks. My two ortho patients are both improving, but still not back to normal just yet. Thank your for wishing them well.

Chriscrna

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've all played the Reef Savvy waiting game.

But it was a game well worth playing!

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been procrastinating (probably even more than over the tank) - on sumps. I want something not too busy with a lot of room. Originally, I wanted a Synergy Reef 44", but the sumps are 18" high. My stand is not completely open in the back (opening is 19" high), so with an 18" high sump, I would have to drille holes in the stand to get plumbing from the sump to the tank. I would rather not have to do that, if possible.

The dimensions of this Elite Aquatics sump (RS40) are 40" x 15" x 15". That should give me enough room to run the plumbing underneath the rear wall of the stand. The "skimmer" section is large 20" x 14" and the return section is also good size at 10.5" x 14. Opinions on Elite Aquatics? Looks to be very well made in the pictures.

More features:
  • Dimensions: 40″ long x 15″ wide x 15″ high
  • Skimmer Section: 20.5″ x 14″
  • Return Pump Section: 10.5″ x 14″
  • Approx. Total Water Volume: 33 gallons (This doesn't sound right quite right. I come up with almost 39 gallons)
  • Skimmer Water Level: 6″ to 11″ adjustable
  • Removable media tray in between the baffles use for filter pads and bags of media (filter pad and bags for media not included)
  • Engraved water level markings to allow easy setup of skimmer water depth from 6″ to 11″
  • Poly-carbonate lid over Filter Sock Chamber
  • Chamfered edges throughout
  • Top Brace of the RS Series sumps have cord routing and dosing connections built in
  • Drain Input Fittings: 3 x 1″ ABS Bulkheads. Easy hook-up to our Elite Overflow
  • Filter Socks Holders: 2 x 4″ (filter socks included)
  • Made in the U.S.A.

EliteAquaticsRS404-2.jpg

EliteAquaticsRS405-1.jpg

EliteAquaticsRS406-3.jpg

Thanks for looking!

jolt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fin, I have an Elite Aquatics sump on my frag tank and I am very happy with it. Strongly considering a custom Elite for my upcoming Reef Savvy!

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fin, I have an Elite Aquatics sump on my frag tank and I am very happy with it. Strongly considering a custom Elite for my upcoming Reef Savvy!
Thanks, Jolt. I was thinking of something custom, but really, this layout suits my needs fairly well. Of course, that Jimmy Buffett quote in my signature isn't there for nothing. :)

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's going to be a great tank once you get it. You'll forget about the wait!

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Communicated with Tyler at Elite Aquatics. I will be getting the RS-40 sump (shown above), but with blue acrylic instead of the red. A little upcharge since he doesn't stock the blue acrylic, but not bad. While the red does look good, it is just not my favorite color and I wanted to go with blue PVC for my plumbing. Plus, I enjoy being different. :)

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know how you do it. How any of you do it. I don't think I could wait this long for a few pieces of glass stuck together. I've seen RS tanks and they're nice no doubt just know I'm not patient enough.

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know how you do it. How any of you do it. I don't think I could wait this long for a few pieces of glass stuck together. I've seen RS tanks and they're nice no doubt just know I'm not patient enough.
Good things come to those who wait. :)

Back