OP
Fin

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is AWESOME Fin! I really like the new line from Elite. I am ordering mine today!
I made a couple fo changes to mine, other than the blue acrylic. Having them install heater brackets and drilling a couple different sized holes to accommodate the mini-bulkhead fittings that I use for my ATO and dosing.
Mini-Bulkheads.jpg

Looks great Fin
Thanks! I wish they had posted more than the one pic though. I will have to check later to see if they post any more of them. :)

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sump ships tomorrow from Ogden, Utah! A 1,650 mile journey. I hope it makes it ok. Fingers crossed.

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sump arrived safe and sound. Thank you Tyler at Elite-Aquatics! Very nice sump. Tinkering around with it today. Thinking about mounting the Turbo Algae Scrubber on the return side of the sump (at the front) so it will be easy to harvest algae. Luckily the opening was just the right size to support the unit. I may make something that would hold it in place better, but it seems fairly stable just sitting there.

My skimmer is still in use in my other tank, but there is plenty of room for it, next to the Avast Spyglass Reactor. It looks like the reactor will be be easy to service. Just lift out the cone, dump the media, rinse it out, add new media and sit it back into place on the stand. Don't even need to turn off the pump. My heater is too short to fit the brackets, so I will need another one or two of those. Anyway, here are a few more pics of the sump...

Sump05.jpg

Sump04.jpg

Sump03.jpg

Sump06.jpg

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good-looking, sump! :)

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good-looking, sump! :)
Thanks! Yours is pretty sweet also. I was looking at the GEOs, but had already gotten the Avast Spyglass reactor and wanted a little more room.

Good thing you didn't have to go through the wait for the Reef Savvy tank like the rest of us. Still waiting on mine. I am enjoying watching yours come together. I just don't say much. :)

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spoke to Felix today. The tank ships either at the end of the week, or the beginning of next week. Almost done with the crate. Looks like I am about to finally become another proud Reef Savvy owner! :)

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know! I'm not going to know how to act. I am off next week, so I need to tear down my 140 and come up with some temp accommodations for about half dozen fish and a few softies that I have. I have to do some work on my old stand to get it ready and do whatever I have to do in my attic to hang the ATI fixture. Still have a plumbing order to make also. About to have to get to work now!

jolt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know! I'm not going to know how to act. I am off next week, so I need to tear down my 140 and come up with some temp accommodations for about half dozen fish and a few softies that I have. I have to do some work on my old stand to get it ready and do whatever I have to do in my attic to hang the ATI fixture. Still have a plumbing order to make also. About to have to get to work now!

Yep, all that pent up frustration can release now! Can't wait to see some pix ...

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plumbing, oh yeah get gassed up, glad to hear you are about to get Savvyed , sump looks great

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats Fin, look forward to seeing it all come together.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The sump arrived safe and sound. Thank you Tyler at Elite-Aquatics! Very nice sump. Tinkering around with it today. Thinking about mounting the Turbo Algae Scrubber on the return side of the sump (at the front) so it will be easy to harvest algae. Luckily the opening was just the right size to support the unit. I may make something that would hold it in place better, but it seems fairly stable just sitting there.

My skimmer is still in use in my other tank, but there is plenty of room for it, next to the Avast Spyglass Reactor. It looks like the reactor will be be easy to service. Just lift out the cone, dump the media, rinse it out, add new media and sit it back into place on the stand. Don't even need to turn off the pump. My heater is too short to fit the brackets, so I will need another one or two of those. Anyway, here are a few more pics of the sump...

Sump05.jpg

Sump04.jpg

Sump03.jpg

Sump06.jpg

Beautiful sump! I hate to even get new equipment like this dirty!

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful sump! I hate to even get new equipment like this dirty!
Thanks, Rev. I hear ya. I am hoping I will be more diligent in keeping everything clean. That's the plan anyway. But the older I get, the lazier I get. :)

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, all that pent up frustration can release now! Can't wait to see some pix ...
Ha! Yeah, I hope it all works out ok. I like to post pics, so you will be in luck! :)

Plumbing, oh yeah get gassed up, glad to hear you are about to get Savvyed , sump looks great
I have missed all the trips to the hardware store. :)

Congrats Fin, look forward to seeing it all come together.
Thank you! I am looking forward to putting it together. Thanks for following along.

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful! I'll bet you are super pumped
I actually still have some stuff to order. So, it won't come straight in the door and onto the stand. I still have to tear down my 140 - something I am not looking forward to. Then I have to refinish my stand. It was a professionally built stand and is still in great condition, except salt water has damaged a couple of areas of the finish. I want to put new hardware on it also. But having the tank here will motivate me to get it all done. My year has been really hectic, as I mentioned earlier in the thread and I did not get some of this preparation work done.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back