OP
Fin

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started your build thread today and read through it all. I'm going to keep following. This is going to be something amazing when you get it wet. I'm anxious to see it and I know you will be ready soon. Good luck! ;Happy
Thanks for reading all the way through this. I hope you weren't too disappointed when you got to the end and found it was still the beginning. :) Sorry about that.

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for reading all the way through this. I hope you weren't too disappointed when you got to the end and found it was still the beginning. :) Sorry about that.
Actually, I enjoyed it. That's why I kept reading. Although you may have to throw a party for those who have followed since the very beginning once you get it going. ;Joyful

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, I enjoyed it. That's why I kept reading. Although you may have to throw a party for those who have followed since the very beginning once you get it going. ;Joyful
Thats a solid idea, All this popcorn we’ve been eating has finally started to go stale!

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This made me laugh pretty hard like ost of your post do

I had a good friend that moved here from LA. He was the most interesting person I will ever meet. Around here is material things and being fake. The swamp makes you survive and will harden you witch I like.
He moved back to LA because NJ wasn’t him. He is missed greatly

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On board following along and looking forward to watching this system grow and thrive!
I am actually working on it today. Finished the plumbing on my second return pump. There was no easy way to route the pipe, so I have been avoiding doing it. It is in a cramped space and me being old and decrepit, it was difficult to get too. I am just hoping I glued all of the dry fitted sections. :)

This made me laugh pretty hard like ost of your post do

I had a good friend that moved here from LA. He was the most interesting person I will ever meet. Around here is material things and being fake. The swamp makes you survive and will harden you witch I like.
He moved back to LA because NJ wasn’t him. He is missed greatly
Yeah, I try to live a simple life. I am just trying to get all of my ducks in a row for retirement at the end of the year. Got all my bills paid and a little stashed away here and there. I hope to have more time to play with my hobbies and just do what I feel like doing.

What part of Louisiana was your friend from? I live about 25 miles from the Texas border, in the lower SW corner. Not too far from the Gulf. About 35 miles as the crow flies. I have lived in different parts of the country though, so I can't really claim 100% Cajun status. :)

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am actually working on it today. Finished the plumbing on my second return pump. There was no easy way to route the pipe, so I have been avoiding doing it. It is in a cramped space and me being old and decrepit, it was difficult to get too. I am just hoping I glued all of the dry fitted sections. :)

Yeah, I try to live a simple life. I am just trying to get all of my ducks in a row for retirement at the end of the year. Got all my bills paid and a little stashed away here and there. I hope to have more time to play with my hobbies and just do what I feel like doing.

What part of Louisiana was your friend from? I live about 25 miles from the Texas border, in the lower SW corner. Not too far from the Gulf. About 35 miles as the crow flies. I have lived in different parts of the country though, so I can't really claim 100% Cajun status. :)

I don’t remember what are he was from. He worked the pipeline his whole life but I’m sure he maybe retired now.
One day I would like to visit LA

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live about 25 miles from the Texas border, in the lower SW corner. Not too far from the Gulf. About 35 miles as the crow flies.
I have learned so much geography since using this site. Looks beautiful. I have only been to New Orleans. Good music.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have learned so much geography since using this site. Looks beautiful. I have only been to New Orleans. Good music.

Good music, very good music, very, very good music, great music!

Some of my favorite musicians have come out of New Orleans. A definitive top 10 member is Pete Fountain. Benny Goodman is widely considered the best but, IMHO, Pete very well may be the best clarinetist to ever pick up the instrument.

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The music is good, but the food is as good, if not better. :) Plus, I am so close to Texas, I have also acquired a love for Tex-Mex and BBQ. Their music ain’t bad either. Ha.

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything new, different or exciting going on?
Sadly, no. I had some time off recently and did tinker with it a bit, but nothing significant. I could put water in it and start it circulating and cycling, but wanted to re-do my manifold. I did work on the nano though and got water in it.

SkiCatTX

Sustainable Reefkeeping
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read through, seems the surprise ending is that it’s still the beginning...lol...I’m about to start a new build, hope to finish in less than a few years. Following just to find out what happens.

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read through, seems the surprise ending is that it’s still the beginning...lol...I’m about to start a new build, hope to finish in less than a few years. Following just to find out what happens.
Thank you for reading through. Sorry the build stalled out on numerous occasions. Too many irons in the fire, but that will all change in a few months. I will be retiring at the end of the year and will have plenty of free time - for once in my life. It is actually ready for water, but I am wanting to already re-do the equipment cabinet. I upgraded to the new APEX and it won't fit in my old cabinet that I had already finished. Poor planning there. :rolleyes:

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for reading through. Sorry the build stalled out on numerous occasions. Too many irons in the fire, but that will all change in a few months. I will be retiring at the end of the year and will have plenty of free time - for once in my life. It is actually ready for water, but I am wanting to already re-do the equipment cabinet. I upgraded to the new APEX and it won't fit in my old cabinet that I had already finished. Poor planning there. :rolleyes:

Fill it up! Fill it up! Fill it up!! ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He has a lovely nem tank though...
@Katrina71 What happens in your thread should stay in your thread.
0twitcypz6.gif
0twitcypz6.gif
0twitcypz6.gif

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 101 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.8%
Back