OP
Fin

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just clicked over to check it out. I love the idea of an overbuilt nano tank. I've considered this concept as well so will have to dig into that thread and catch up - speaking of catching up, holidays are great for getting tanks wet! o_O
I will be working on it. I think I finally have the OM Squirt plumbing figured out. Using silicone tubing on this one and it won't look nearly as neat as the original version with the SCWD hard plumbed in.

I could kick myself for throwing my old damaged Super Squirt away. It had a brand new motor and drum in it, but the body was split wide open. They quit making them 8 years ago (by what Paul at OM told me) so I never thought I would be able to get it fixed or that I would ever find a used one. I did manage to find a used one recently, but it has some wear on the drum and a little corrosion on the pump. I could really have used the donor parts from the old valve. Grrr. :mad:

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

What no new updates lol since dec 2018 oh we sooo need an update lol. But it looks amazing and very clean unlike mine. I went super super simple and it’s nice sometimes but thinking next time will make it pretty everywhere:). The blue is a nice touch to the pipes and makes them stand out /) s

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May 7. What's cooking?

Hello,

We miss your thread lol any updates :)

Update would be nice ;)
I’m sorry I didn’t respond, but I am just now seeing some of these posts.

The truth is, I haven’t touched the tank in about a year. I think around the first of July 2018. I quit updating the thread, because nothing was really happening and no one wants to read about all my excuses, valid as they may be.

One of these days, I will get motivated to get the tank finished, but I don’t know when that might be. I do appreciate you folks checking in on the build though. I do still have the tank and do intend on getting water in it at some point. I am still buying stuff for it and hope to use it before it becomes obsolete. :)

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The truth is, I haven’t touched the tank in about a year. I think around the first of July 2018. I quit updating the thread, because nothing was really happening and no one wants to read about all my excuses, valid as they may be.

One of these days, I will get motivated to get the tank finished, but I don’t know when that might be. I do appreciate you folks checking in on the build though. I do still have the tank and do intend on getting water in it at some point. I am still buying stuff for it and hope to use it before it becomes obsolete. :)
Ha Ha I understand but one of these days you will buy enough stuff and the room will have no more room. good luck :D

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha Ha I understand but one of these days you will buy enough stuff and the room will have no more room. good luck :D
Believe me, that thought has already crossed my mind.
twitcypz6.gif

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If it makes you feel better your tank will be wet probably before mine is;):p

On a side note, are you concerned about the silicone being dry for so long? It's something I worry about and I occasionally spray mine with RODI water, which kindof makes me feel a little crazy but that's okay with me:rolleyes:

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it makes you feel better your tank will be wet probably before mine is;):p

On a side note, are you concerned about the silicone being dry for so long? It's something I worry about and I occasionally spray mine with RODI water, which kindof makes me feel a little crazy but that's okay with me:rolleyes:
No, that really hasn't crossed my mind - until now. :p

What is really funny and what I thought of recently, I hope I remember which plumbing connections are just dry fitted before I turn the pumps on. :confused:

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, that really hasn't crossed my mind - until now. :p

What is really funny and what I thought of recently, I hope I remember which plumbing connections are just dry fitted before I turn the pumps on. :confused:

This is why I haven't started plumbing mine yet, I know for a fact I wouldn't remember what was glued and what wasn't ;)

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Start writing this stuff down. Your mind may be more challenged by the time the tank gets filled ;)
I think you may be assuming that my mind was not challenged when I started. :)

This is why I haven't started plumbing mine yet, I know for a fact I wouldn't remember what was glued and what wasn't ;)
I want to re-plumb my overflow drains to my sump and rebuild my manifold anyway. That is the majority of what I have done already. Planned do-overs is another thing that has me bogged down.
groan.gif

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you may be assuming that my mind was not challenged when I started. :)

I want to re-plumb my overflow drains to my sump and rebuild my manifold anyway. That is the majority of what I have done already. Planned do-overs is another thing that has me bogged down.
groan.gif

Well plumbing is something that many people rush to get finished cause it sucks to do, then regret things they did later on lol so you're not alone there. Because of my spending budget right now I just can't afford the $1000 Its going to cost me to get this thing all plumbed up. So atleast you have something plumbed:p

Last edited:

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Wow I have missed all of you on my thread lol (I have I become that boring lol). @Fin I can assure you that your mind is fine and we are all a little crazy :). You know what’s odd is I have all these things I have wanted to do and put them off and then finally do them. Then a little while later I have just not had the energy to still do it. One example is my nieces extremely difficult advanced doll house. If I knew I had to know how to build a real house for a Barbie I would have gone to school for something else. I still have siding and shingles and run the darn electrical wires for the small sockets. It even has small plastic pipes for running water. But it’s huge and the instructions are like me picking up a book with out pictures and reading it upside down backwards and in a different language. So it sits in my craft room, and I keep promising it will be done before she is 18.

@JoshH where have you been hiding lol you know, if your plumbing costs 1000 I don’t even wanna see the rest of your tank. Because it will make mine look 1000 times worse lol.

@NY_Caveman lol you think is mind is broken, could you figure mine out. It’s sad when I forget what day of the week it is. Now that I study all the time for orals and my step 3 and written (different from step 3), plus work has turned my brain to mush. Not to mention my study group is so dry that they make burnt toast and I’m talking about the stuff that has almost caught fire burnt, look normal with butter and fav jam on it. We had one group member who wanted us to study our exams from step one and two 3 hours a day. I can see referencing them lol but 3 hours nope. We have one girl who had to use the bathroom every four minutes. Yes my brain has gone to mush and I still can’t even figure out my own tank.

My phone wouldn’t get internet, (sorry I couldn’t post all at once), can we no longer call iPhones smart!

Last edited:

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Wow I have missed all of you on my thread lol (I have I become that boring lol). @Fin I can assure you that your mind is fine and we are all a little crazy :). You know what’s odd is I have all these things I have wanted to do and put them off and then finally do them. Then a little while later I have just not had the energy to still do it. One example is my nieces extremely difficult advanced doll house. If I knew I had to know how to build a real house for a Barbie I would have gone to school for something else. I still have siding and shingles and run the darn electrical wires for the small sockets. It even has small plastic pipes for running water. But it’s huge and the instructions are like me picking up a book with out pictures and reading it upside down backwards and in a different language. So it sits in my craft room, and I keep promising it will be done before she is 18.

@JoshH where have you been hiding lol you know, if your plumbing costs 1000 I don’t even wanna see the rest of your tank. Because it will make mine look 1000 times worse lol.

@ny_

;Watching I've been viewing from a far :cool: I'm pretty sneaky when I want to be:p And furniture grade plumbing from the main floor to the basement and over to the sump room can get pricey;Greedy;Greedy Plus my closed loop requires a $500 Ocean Motion. It all adds up pretty quick;Shifty

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
;Watching I've been viewing from a far :cool: I'm pretty sneaky when I want to be:p And furniture grade plumbing from the main floor to the basement and over to the sump room can get pricey;Greedy;Greedy Plus my closed loop requires a $500 Ocean Motion. It all adds up pretty quick;Shifty

Ahh ummm what’s furniture grade plumbing lol is it made out of wood lol? I have never heard of ocean motion (little help) pics sounds interesting

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh ummm what’s furniture grade plumbing lol is it made out of wood lol? I have never heard of ocean motion (little help) pics sounds interesting
He means furniture grade PVC - the colorful shiny stuff. They call it that because its intended purpose is to build outdoor furniture, or other non-home plumbing projects that needs to stand up to water pressure. It is also more UV resistant than regular PVC. Lots of reefers use it nowadays to plumb their reefs. Something you might want to consider with your monster tank when you set it up. :)

An OceansMotions 4 Way Valve is a water flow director that is often used for closed loop circulation and wave making. Pretty neat device. I had one on my 140.

Last edited:

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started your build thread today and read through it all. I'm going to keep following. This is going to be something amazing when you get it wet. I'm anxious to see it and I know you will be ready soon. Good luck! ;Happy

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 154 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back