Fire Worm?

LetMammoth8940

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 19, 2021
Messages
7
Reaction score
14
Location
Salt Lake
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone think this a fireworks or am I just overreacting and its just a bristle worm?

20220106_230455.jpg
 
Bristle worm and a great member of the CUC. Let it be. Unless you're bringing in fresh live rock from the ocean, you're not likely to find a fireworm.
 
Sounds good, I've seen bristle worms in my tank before but they were skinnier so I wasn't expecting to see one that looks like this.
 
Common bristle worms look exactly like the one you posted, but some can be more towards a solid color or more reddish overall. Fireworms are extremely rare these days and despite popular belief, they weren't that common in the days of live rock. Most of them were dead on the bottom of the boxes they were shipped in and only a few made the journey alive.
 
Based on these nice images provided by @damsels are not mean , I'm still not sure, lol. Thinking bristle though.

firebristle.png

'm
Definitely a bristle. The size of the bristles give it away in cases where the colors are similar but any worm that is multicolored like that is always bristle.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new