Fire4755 75G Mixed

fire4755

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I guess since I'm on here a little bit more than I use to be, I should start a thread. A little background, I started in 2014-15ish with a 30 gallon that never really worked right. Upgraded shortly after to the 75G I have now. It's undergone at least 2 or 3 crashes since mostly related to my laziness and lack of maintenance as well as a tank leak. Well I'm at the point that I ether need to start caring about the tank or get out of the hobby... Obviously I decided to start paying more attention. So all that said, where am I now.

I have a 75 gallon tank, with a 20 long sump on a homemade stand with a canopy. Currently running carbon, a reef octopus skimmer, Fuge with LED grow light, and dosing No3PO4x for my long term nitrate issue. Also have set up to dose 2 part once the coral gets to that point. Lighting it is 2 t5s (1 Coral Plus, 1 True Actinic that I just started with) as well as 2 black boxes. I'm hoping to upgrade that next.

This week I just ordered a ton of parts to completely rewire the tank including a used reef keeper and DJ switch panel which will make life so much easier. Obviously it's not an apex but its a step in the right direction. Also bought a Brute can on wheels for water changes and RO/DI which is already so much better than buckets.

Livestock wise its a mixed reef with a lot of softies because the fiancé loves the movement. I only had like 3 tiny pieces that didn't die so I just started adding new coral. Has a pair of clowns, yellow tang, royal gramma, and a Banggai.

OP
OP
fire4755

fire4755

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a picture of what the inside of the stand initially looked like. I removed those shelves on the left and put the ATO bucket there.

image.png

OP
OP
fire4755

fire4755

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, started the rewiring process tonight before work. Got about 1/3 of the way done. I have all but one powerhead wired to the DJ strip. Just waiting for the Reef Keeper to get here so I can finish the rest.

IMG_6994.JPG

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back