Firefish and goby

Hanneman24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a couple of firefish who built a home under the live rocks. Just introduced a diamond goby who quickly went into their home and started digging. Will they both get along or will this be a problem?

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the forum!
How big is the tank? It might kick them out, but the firefish can find a new home assuming there are enough hiding spots.

OP
OP
H

Hanneman24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the forum!
How big is the tank? It might kick them out, but the firefish can find a new home assuming there are enough hiding spots.
The tank is 55 gallons I have e a good amount of live rocks for them to build a new home underneath. They seem to be in the same hole together right now but it was strange to see him go straight to that hole while they were in it.

OP
OP
H

Hanneman24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Fire fish and a Highfin Gobie that share the same burro along with a Candy-cane pistol shrimp. they have been like this for 1 year and a half. They are in a Redsea Reefer 250 ( 64 gallon ) np at all.
Thanks. New to the saltwater life and was a little concerned. I did alot of reading prior to all of this and all the individual fish and reactions to new fish and tanks. But there are always surprises that come around.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 99 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back