Theodin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

Story time, and then a question!

I have a purple firefish who was living happily and peacefully with the rest of his tankmates for about 6 months. He was always out and about, just part of the crew. Then, I attempted to add a six line wrasse, who, minutes after introduction, proceeded to lose his mind, chasing anything and everything that moved, and then strangely seemed to kill himself from his exertions within a day (even though he’d been fine in QT for 3 weeks prior - will never try one of those again, lesson learned!). After being chased by the six line for that one day, my firefish disappeared for a week. I thought him dead, but as it turns out, he was hiding under a rock. A few weeks on and he will now only ever come out from his rock a few minutes a day to eat, and then he’s gone again until the next day.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Do you think he will ever rejoin the rest of the crew in the open again, or is he going to have PTSD forever and just be a permanent rock dweller now?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 101 75.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back