Firefish

ReeferMadnessTX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys , I'm not new to the saltwater world but it's been a min . I have a question on one fish in particular, I have added 2 firefish to my tank one has gone into hiding and one will appear . Is this normal for them to hide
I can only speak to having one and in a relatively peaceful tank. But mine hangs out all day other than darting under a rock if it gets spooked. But usually returns within a couple minutes. Has gotten less skiddish over time.

Attachments

• 20240103_084941.jpg
    20240103_084941.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 21

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I only have a 33 gallon tank and my stocking list is very limited for fish and corals. Helfrichi are really pretty but too expensive for me.
My Purple Firefish sure hid a lot. He was a bully magnet to boot. Literally every new fish in the tank went after him from the get go. I wanted a Helfrichi too, but really glad I didn't. Way too much money to spend on a fish that is likely to get picked on and hide a lot.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I only have a 33 gallon tank and my stocking list is very limited for fish and corals. Helfrichi are really pretty but too expensive for me.
Royal Gramma Basslet would be a solid alternative that would work well in that tank. They are generally more bold and willing to stick up for themselves. Gorgeous colors to boot.

Oiseaufeu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Royal Gramma Basslet would be a solid alternative that would work well in that tank. They are generally more bold and willing to stick up for themselves. Gorgeous colors to boot.
Thanks! I’ll need a lid first. I’m too scared to lose fish from jumping out.

Oiseaufeu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Purple Firefish sure hid a lot. He was a bully magnet to boot. Literally every new fish in the tank went after him from the get go. I wanted a Helfrichi too, but really glad I didn't. Way too much money to spend on a fish that is likely to get picked on and hide a lot.
That’s sad! Yeah, I’m not sure why they’re worth this much money.

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys , I'm not new to the saltwater world but it's been a min . I have a question on one fish in particular, I have added 2 firefish to my tank one has gone into hiding and one will appear . Is this normal for them to hide
I have one that I had pretty much written off, because I hadn't seen him at all for almost 2 months. Then the other day, out of nowhere, he was just cruising around the back of the aquarium, looking very healthy, so I know he has been eating.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back