Firefish!

Jennifier615

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want one come get it. Keeps jumping into my overflow I'm tired of fishing it out.

For those of you reefers about to "rock"- we salute you ;)

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let him live there. Ha!
I've fished my 6 line out several times. If u still have him next week when I come back from Arkansas. Ill get him from ya

OP
OP
Jennifier615

Jennifier615

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hes been there 2 weeks and staying there till somebody jerks him out I've removed him three times I'm done! Lol

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had problems with a few fish jumping into the overflows. I got some plastic gutter guard from Home Depot and cut it to make a "fence" around the overflow boxes and it seems to have corrected the problem.

On a side note, we have three tanks in a horseshoe arrangement with a common sump. One morning (before the gutter guard) we noticed a small chromis in the wrong tank. He looked like he's been run over by a weed-eater. We realized the only way he could have gotten there is to have gone down the overflow, through the sump, got sucked up by the return, gone through the pump, and got diverted to that tank by the chance of negotiating the forks in the manifold on the return pump. He was swimming fine and has healed from all his "bruises" and doing fine to this day. Since then two other fish have shown up in the "wrong" tank. I never would have believed they could have lived through the ordeal of being slapped through a Sequence pump. Actually, it may have happened more times than I know as they would have a 33% chance of being spit out in the same tank they came from.

Salty Dog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pink spotted goby in my over flo, he's been there for 12 months. I tryed to get him out but its impossible. Try putting a gaurd on top of your over flo

OP
OP
Jennifier615

Jennifier615

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know he's safe and happy there. I'm fraid if I cover it up he will revolt and completely defect from the tank!

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had problems with a few fish jumping into the overflows. I got some plastic gutter guard from Home Depot and cut it to make a "fence" around the overflow boxes and it seems to have corrected the problem.

On a side note, we have three tanks in a horseshoe arrangement with a common sump. One morning (before the gutter guard) we noticed a small chromis in the wrong tank. He looked like he's been run over by a weed-eater. We realized the only way he could have gotten there is to have gone down the overflow, through the sump, got sucked up by the return, gone through the pump, and got diverted to that tank by the chance of negotiating the forks in the manifold on the return pump. He was swimming fine and has healed from all his "bruises" and doing fine to this day. Since then two other fish have shown up in the "wrong" tank. I never would have believed they could have lived through the ordeal of being slapped through a Sequence pump. Actually, it may have happened more times than I know as they would have a 33% chance of being spit out in the same tank they came from.

LOL thats funny stuff!!!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back