Fireworm Identification

Fireworm or Common Bristle?

  • Fireworm for sure!!

  • Probably a harmless bristle

  • Definitely a harmless bristle


Results are only viewable after voting.

Trevorvano

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 27, 2019
Messages
6
Reaction score
3
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im not sure if this is the appropriate forum for this but I have a question on identifying common bristleworm vs fireworm.
I’ve had this fat sucker lounging around my tank for many months but he has been SO ELUSIVE. He is way thicker than my common bristles I see occasionally with red at the base of spike clusters so typical fireworm identifying traits. I have not noticed him hurting anything in my tank but I do not want him there. Tonight in the dark I caught him more exposed than usual and grabbed him with some large tweezers but he was really anchored in so I ended up ripping part of him off.

1. I’m assuming he won’t die from this, there’s no way I got more than 20% of him. Is that correct?
2. Can anyone confirm this is truly a fireworm?

Thanks in advance for the advice! I’m wondering if I should continue my night hunting or leave him in peace, i would imagine the former makes more sense.

C2108506-08FF-4D78-8603-E9E0A424FF4F.jpeg
 
Thanks so much everyone! I like having common bristles but he’s been giving me anxiety for months now. I’m glad I was finally able to get him a bit but he probably won’t show his stupid face for a while.
 
UPDATE!!
I finally got the bugger out of my tank, so happy!

C1A03C7A-B3FA-4C8D-B6BF-56A3B4EF5B54.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new