First Anemone - Pink Bubble Tip

William Norman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to check in and see if I can get some expert viewpoints.

I put her into my Coral and Invert QT.

She went into this corner almost immediately. She moved up a few inches and over and then back down over the next few days.

My QT parms are all 0s.

The first pic is right when lights came on. The second is after 30 mins.

Thoughts ?

20171005_100221.jpg

20171005_102949.jpg

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not an expert but it looks a little bleached. Would recommend trying to put a clown with it and feeding it some chopped shrimp or squid. I also don't believe zero nutrient systems are all that good for anemones and may be hurting it.

Gweeds1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the biggest issue is that it can't bury it's foot in anything... assuming that is an RBTA, it like to have it's foot protected, as the QT is bare, it's gone to the corner as the most suitable place. Get hold of a bit of rock... tbh, nems aren't going to catch anything or carry anything unless you've got a load of diseased nems in your DT! So I'd take a rock from your DT, one with a good sized hole in it and pop that in the QT. Gently move the nem over to it and leave be. From what you've said, it's been in a few days, offer some mysis, only a tiny bit. If it takes it, great, if not, don't worry. Tbh, doesn't look bleached to me, tentacles have colour and aren't translucent. I really wouldn't put clowns with it... they'll do nothing for it except not allow it to settle in.

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what kind of lights?

OP
OP
William Norman

William Norman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I using the SB sPar38 - Reef. The tank is a 5 gallon Deep blue. I have some rocks in there but she didn't go to them. I'll move one closer to her. How do I add nitrates ?

Gweeds1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I using the SB sPar38 - Reef. The tank is a 5 gallon Deep blue. I have some rocks in there but she didn't go to them. I'll move one closer to her. How do I add nitrates ?
Potassium nitrate... look up a product called kno3 (original name!) by green leaf aquariums... or use tree stump remover...

Gweeds1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and the rock will need a suitably sized hole in it... RBTAs like to protect their whole foot in a hole...

alex.mccann99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My thoughts, it will be dead in about a week to two weeks. FYI, when you say, "she didn't go to them". They don't have eyes, they can't go to anything on purpose, the just wander or move with the current or sense where the light is. Why did you put it into a quarantine tank? I've never ever quarantined a RBTA, and I've had many of them over the years. I finally decided I would never own one again after it found its way into my vortech and shredded chunks all over my tank.

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's just adjusting to the new light most likely, give it a few days, don't change anything and move it to the DT if it remains healthy looking. I would try feeding once at about Day 3 in QT, if it eats, give it another 2/3 days and if it doesn't start showing problems DT it.

OP
OP
William Norman

William Norman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Amoo - I was under the impression that it would need to stay in QT for 76 days just like any other coral ??? I also read your sticky posts prior to purchasing this one. Very informative.

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Amoo - I was under the impression that it would need to stay in QT for 76 days just like any other coral ??? I also read your sticky posts prior to purchasing this one. Very informative.
No. It can't carry things like ich or flatworms. No reason to QT a nem unless it's sick and you need to treat it with cipro

OP
OP
William Norman

William Norman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 month update. When I purchased the BTA she was about the size of a quarter. Now she is larger than a 50 cent piece. Likes food. When I put her in my DT she didn't want to attach to anything for a long time. I put her in a small plastic box with a rock that I put a ton of holes in. She eventually attached the rock and settled in. After 2 weeks I started raising my lights a little by little. She never moved.

20180124_205428.jpg

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 146 40.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 184 50.8%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 32 8.8%
Back