First Flame Angel dies, now more fish are dying... HELP

Lee1977

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Posted yesterday about my Kole Yellow Eye looking pale and recently losing a flame angel. Woke up this morning to a dead clown and my tang is not swimming alot. Just fed them and he didn't go after it like he normally does.

All params were fine as of yesterday. What could be doing this???

reeffirstaid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be a parasite of some sort. A pale color, is usually a stress reaction in fish. Stress from addition to a new environment, or being antagonized by another species - is normally expressed with a darker color, and the appearance of stress bars. A pale color, can be an indicator of poor health. It's difficult to say if you are dealing with an external parasite, or an internal parasite - since you don't mention noticing anything else out of the ordinary. Since fish often consume one anothers fecal matter, it's possible an internal parasite has spread inside your system. The other possibility is a bacterial infection, though if your water quality is good, this is less likely. Can you post your water test results: Salinity (SG), PH, Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate.

Naiad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I just read your other post. It would be helpful if you posted exactly what your numbers are. You say they are fine but your other post says you were adjusting pH. It seems something is really stressing these fish out.

OP
OP
L

Lee1977

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to my tests as of 5 minutes ago:

Salinity - 1.021
Nitrate - 0ppm
Phosphate - 0ppm

I don't have an ammonia test.

reeffirstaid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has this tank been running? Do you carbon dose? Without carbon dosing, and the fish load you describe, nitrate of 0 would be hard to obtain.

OP
OP
L

Lee1977

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Running for about 5-6 months. I run carbon in the sump. According to 2 separate test kits (one of mine and the other at my LFS), my nitrate is around 0.
Could this be an O2 problem or maybe a bacteria?

OP
OP
L

Lee1977

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just sent a video of the fish to my guru at an out of state fish store. He says it looks like a parasite. Pulling the fish and putting them into a copper tank.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back