FIRST LOOK! NEW Coralvue HYDROS Control X10

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Today we give you an exclusive early look look at CoralVue’s newest product in the Hydros Line, the Control X10. From salinity and pHmonitoring, to dosing and pump control, the X10 can do it all and betterthan ever. With complete app control say goodbye to coding and frustration, and hello to ease and precision.

Getting some in depth breakdown of this equipment can help steer you inthe right direction for your pick of control panels, so let us know in the comments if you’re interested in the X10 or what you’re excited for if you’re upgrading your system!

Be sure to like, subscribe, and hit the bell notification!

BanZI29

Still just a reefer noob!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FRESH! Watching now. Dude! I want this thing!
20230918_201457.jpg

BlaineTopShelfAquatics

Happy Reefing!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate you checking out the video! I am digging the HYDROS line though, seems pretty legit! Was digging the fact it came with the 4 pre-built in dosers!

Shaun The Sheep Movie Ok GIF

BlaineTopShelfAquatics

Happy Reefing!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it compatable with tunze nano ATO?
Could possibly even use one of the connected doses heads as an ATO pump, and just need to snag a level sensor! All kinds of possibilities! They also have their own ATO kit, could run a Tunze but would have to be on a connected wifi power strip!

OP
OP
TopShelfAquatics

TopShelfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
These X10's are pretty dang slick! With dosers attached directly to the unit it gives the controller a wide range of capabilities!

Screenshot 2023-09-19 at 8.14.55 AM.png

OP
OP
TopShelfAquatics

TopShelfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There has been talk about how hydros will be approaching salinity differently that others, although the video glossed over how IV does that. I see that there is conductivity probe port, does this aid in accurate salinity? Or does it rely heavily on conductivity like reefing controllers to provide a salinity reading?

Can more detail be provided as to how hydros approaches stability and accuracy towards salinity?

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So it has 4 pumps on it , do thise run a tester like a trident? how many of those 4 does it use for testing?

Recent coverage in ReefBuilders seems to confirm this, taking up 3 dosers: https://reefbuilders.com/2023/09/04...a-dosing-pump-and-aquarium-controller-in-one/

To measure salinity Hydros are using a K10 factor probe, which they say is much more applicable to reefing applications. It can be placed in a sump in the usual way or isolated via a separate Hydros iV isolation vessel to take a sampled salinity without anomalies from stray voltage. Get a Control X10, a pH Probe and an iV stirrer, and Alkalinity testing can then be carried out via the Hydros App. Just like other Alk testing machines, Hydros Alk testing in the Hydros iV utilizes 3 Dosing Pump heads for the Sample, Waste, and Reagent. Users still have one remaining doser on the X10 to make Dynamic Doses.

Not sure what reagent would be used.

BlaineTopShelfAquatics

Happy Reefing!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There has been talk about how hydros will be approaching salinity differently that others, although the video glossed over how IV does that. I see that there is conductivity probe port, does this aid in accurate salinity? Or does it rely heavily on conductivity like reefing controllers to provide a salinity reading?

Can more detail be provided as to how hydros approaches stability and accuracy towards salinity?
Absolutely! I plan on doing some further in depth reviews and looks at the HYDROS X10 and the whole line! The salinity probe kit can be actively attached to the controller to give you readings, but if you want to get the iV station rolling you can get an even more detailed reading due to it being an isolated test!

Would like to for sure do some more videos in the future on it! Your support and comments on the original video are what help push that, so be sure to drop a comment!
So it has 4 pumps on it , do thise run a tester like a trident? how many of those 4 does it use for testing?
Correct four attached stepper loser, to utilize the IV for its full potential you would need to use 3 of them on the controller unit.

BlaineTopShelfAquatics

Happy Reefing!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have been looking at controllers and were leaning towards the CoralVue products vs Neptune. We think this just made up our mind
NICE! Love to hear how you like it, if and when you grab one up! I am for sure interested in getting more into detail on the battle of the controllers!

Robot Wars Fight GIF by Discovery

Tangs-A-Lot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw Inappropriate Reefer video recently where he visited a booth and showed the CoralVue products. They look amazing. Unfortunately, I can’t afford them at this time. But, will try to save up.

BlaineTopShelfAquatics

Happy Reefing!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw Inappropriate Reefer video recently where he visited a booth and showed the CoralVue products. They look amazing. Unfortunately, I can’t afford them at this time. But, will try to save up.
I am falling in love with the HYDROS systems more and more everyday! For sure want to learn more about em!
Serious In Love GIF by Searchlight Pictures

BanZI29

Still just a reefer noob!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for those who know, this is what I have on my tank. PLEASE tell me which ones any hydros will be able to control:

Current USA IC Pro lights,
Current USA Eflux DC main pump
Current USA Wave pumps x2
ReefBright XHO Atinic lights, Controlled by Current USA panel controller.
Aquamaxx NC-1 skimmer
Tunze 3152 Nano ATO
Kamoer X1 and F1 doser pumps.
Innovative Marine Media reactor.

Thankyou :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 44 29.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 40 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 52 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.4%
Back