FIRST LOOK! NEW Coralvue HYDROS Control X10

Connor At CoralVue

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for those who know, this is what I have on my tank. PLEASE tell me which ones any hydros will be able to control:

Current USA IC Pro lights,
Current USA Eflux DC main pump
Current USA Wave pumps x2
ReefBright XHO Atinic lights, Controlled by Current USA panel controller.
Aquamaxx NC-1 skimmer
Tunze 3152 Nano ATO
Kamoer X1 and F1 doser pumps.
Innovative Marine Media reactor.

Thankyou :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

@BanZI29 at the end of the day, HYDROS will be able to control ALL of that equipment. Of course there are items that have more compatibility with HYDROS, however, with controllable outlets, anything you plug into power can be controlled. For Example, you run the Current USA Return Pump, there is no way for HYDROS to communicte with that controller, however, you plug the return pump into a HYDROS outlet programmed for the Return Pump, and if there is say a leak on the ground...turn off the pump, if in water change mode...turn off the pump. Same thing with the skimmer, HYDROS has a skimmer level sensor that goes in the cup, when its full, cut power to the outlet for the Protein Skimmer.

Connor At CoralVue

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it has 4 pumps on it , do thise run a tester like a trident? how many of those 4 does it use for testing?

You will find more example setups like this on the HYDROS website.

Attachments

• ExampleSetupOne.jpg
    ExampleSetupOne.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 77

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There has been talk about how hydros will be approaching salinity differently that others, although the video glossed over how IV does that. I see that there is conductivity probe port, does this aid in accurate salinity? Or does it rely heavily on conductivity like reefing controllers to provide a salinity reading?

Can more detail be provided as to how hydros approaches stability and accuracy towards salinity?
There’s a few things hydros does
- hydros uses a k10 probe which is much better suited for saltwater. I believe apex uses k1 which is less optimal for measuring conductivity in saltwater.
- the circuitry for the conductivity measurement is physically isolated on a separate pcb module now which helps isolate noise from other circuits
- the iV helps reduce induced interference from the tank but I’ve found measuring in tank is pretty stable as well.
- hydros uses additional software data filtering as well to reduce erroneous data points from being recorded/displayed
- hydros uses a 2 point calibration algorithm. Similar to how pH probes are done. Gives better accuracy when using a high and low reference point.

Last edited:

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hydros uses a k10 probe which is much better suited for saltwater. I believe apex uses k1 which is less optimal for measuring conductivity in saltwater.
I'm so confused, I was under the impression that apex used a 10X as well.

Which is why when I read that hydros had something up their sleeve, I was intrigued.

The isolation of saltwater to eliminate stray voltage is an outside the box approach, the way its achieved seems a bit clunky.

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so confused, I was under the impression that apex used a 10X as well.

Which is why when I read that hydros had something up their sleeve, I was intrigued.

The isolation of saltwater to eliminate stray voltage is an outside the box approach, the way its achieved seems a bit clunky.
Yeah nevermind, you're right, apex is K10 as well.

BlaineTopShelfAquatics

Happy Reefing!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
apex didnt really appeal to me with the cost of the ecosystem, but with the dosers this is a pretty good deal
I will say the dosers being attached directly to the unit makes it a very interesting buy! Getting 4 stepper dosers and a controller unit for that price is not a bad deal in my opinion!

Pay Day Money GIF by Anderson .Paak

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say the dosers being attached directly to the unit makes it a very interesting buy! Getting 4 stepper dosers and a controller unit for that price is not a bad deal in my opinion!

Pay Day Money GIF by Anderson .Paak
The dosers are underrated as well. They can be programmed to go forward and reverse using multiple schedules on the same pump. Plus they run -100ml/min (reverse) to 100ml/min in 0.1ml increments.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 45 29.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 42 27.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 35.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.2%
Back