OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m planning to glue my Aquascape today because of the overall good feedback on what I currently have and somethings I should add. Still looking for ideas for a cave for my fire shrimp. Does anyone have any ideas?

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
first thing I ask is what are you adding long term in the way of corals and fish?
Fish:
Ocellaris clownfish and Mocha Clownfish

Royal gramma

Watchman Goby

Blood red fire shrimp

Azure Damsel

Sand sifting

Corals: (some I’m not going to get. A lot of ideas but you can get a general idea)

Green Hammer coral (and another maybe for they can touch/frogspawn)

Green tipped Purple Torch coral

Dragon soul torch

Indo rainbow torch

Holy grail torch

Long polyp flower pot

Elegance coral

Pulsing Xenia

Clove polyps (decide)

Bubble coral

Enchanted forests birdsnest coral (depends)

Orange Guttatus Birdsnest coral (depends)

Sinularia leather coral (decide)

Green star polyps (decide)

Anemone:

Rose bubble tip anemone

depending on how my corals react to lighting I may upgrade to an AI prime.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
with that list of corals, laying a lot of that rock flat so you have more areas to attach corals to and adding more rock for height. if your only concern currently is the blood shrimp, it will either hang under the center rock or upside down on the arches.

where do you live?

HomebroodExotics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it looks great just like that but plan to add more hiding spots as you go and it looks like your fish need them and you will be set.

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
with that list of corals, laying a lot of that rock flat so you have more areas to attach corals to and adding more rock for height. if your only concern currently is the blood shrimp, it will either hang under the center rock or upside down on the arches.

where do you live?
Do you think I could get more pieces of rock to put in the center? I plan to get some more rock for height. Do you think the arches I have right now are adequate enough hiding places for the shrimp?

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

where do you live?
Forgot to mention where I live. I like in the south. (Not going to say actual location for privacy but just note climate is 85-100F in the summer and 30-40F in the winter if that’s what you’re looking for)

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the shrimp will be fine with what you have. my tank has more cave and tunnels than most. my blood shrimp sometimes uses them but also is out and about in the open.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to mention where I live. I like in the south. (Not going to say actual location for privacy but just note climate is 85-100F in the summer and 30-40F in the winter if that’s what you’re looking for)
no, I'm looking for country, providence, state?
so I can recommend or not recommend a product to you if it's available in your location. I assure you I won't visit. ;)

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the shrimp will be fine with what you have. my tank has more cave and tunnels than most. my blood shrimp sometimes uses them but also is out and about in the open.
Ok great. Do you think I should get more islands/a big rock to put in the center of the scape for corals? I don’t plan to get many invasive corals except for the Xenia and others.
no, I'm looking for country, providence, state?
so I can recommend or not recommend a product to you if it's available in your location. I assure you I won't visit. ;)
I’m not going to say location because it’s not just you it’s others as well so better safe than sorry. What’s the product and I’ll tell you if it’s available where I am.

Ed olson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might consider two smaller islands on either side of a larger "center piece". Also, if you may want to glue/cement/epoxy a couple of those rocks together to form an overhang or two. Just my two cents. I think it's fine for what you are trying to do as is.

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it looks great just like that but plan to add more hiding spots as you go and it looks like your fish need them and you will be set.
Thanks for the feedback. I plan to find some more ways to create hiding places through this thread. Thanks

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might consider two smaller islands on either side of a larger "center piece". Also, if you may want to glue/cement/epoxy a couple of those rocks together to form an overhang or two. Just my two cents. I think it's fine for what you are trying to do as is.
The island idea sounds good. I’m a little confused on the overhang. If you could, could you either elaborate on that idea or virtually sketch something from one of the photos I have above?

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish:
Ocellaris clownfish and Mocha Clownfish

Royal gramma

Watchman Goby

Blood red fire shrimp

Azure Damsel

Sand sifting

Corals: (some I’m not going to get. A lot of ideas but you can get a general idea)

Green Hammer coral (and another maybe for they can touch/frogspawn)

Green tipped Purple Torch coral

Dragon soul torch

Indo rainbow torch

Holy grail torch

Long polyp flower pot

Elegance coral

Pulsing Xenia

Clove polyps (decide)

Bubble coral

Enchanted forests birdsnest coral (depends)

Orange Guttatus Birdsnest coral (depends)

Sinularia leather coral (decide)

Green star polyps (decide)

Anemone:

Rose bubble tip anemone

depending on how my corals react to lighting I may upgrade to an AI prime.
I will echo what @Jekyl said, leave a rock or two away from the main structure for species such as GSP, Xenia and Polyps. It will help but not guarantee they stay in one spot. Plus IMO I just think it looks nice to have an outlier rock or two.

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will echo what @Jekyl said, leave a rock or two away from the main structure for species such as GSP, Xenia and Polyps. It will help but not guarantee they stay in one spot. Plus IMO I just think it looks nice to have an outlier rock or two.
Thanks for the feedback. I agree. Planning to get more rocks for that.

Ed olson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The island idea sounds good. I’m a little confused on the overhang. If you could, could you either elaborate on that idea or virtually sketch something from one of the photos I have above?

Attachments

• overhang.jpg
    overhang.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 35
Back