[First Post] Opinions NEEDED on my Aquascape

maleks.reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As minireef said, I would make it a bit taller.
TIP: divide the front panel of the tank into 9 boxes with some light tape (or just use ur imagination), should look like this:

1621612268968.png

After that, try to make it so that your aquacsape (not all of it but like half of it) reaches the upper side of the middle row of boxes (by middle i mean horizontally not vertically). This is just a tip i picked up from some brs vids and other people. Your rocks are nice and colored and the scape is cool but maybe try to make use of all that vertical space a bit? At the end it is your choice and your preference. Hope it was easy to understand.
Edit: just noticed this is an old thread. I saw the last pics you posted, the white rocks on the top are too big and might shadow the corals below. Maybe try breaking them into smaller pieces?

NabberNate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally when going for height I like to see large pieces that make up at least 50% of the height. Stacking a bunch of smaller pieces just looks odd to me. That being said I like the right half better than the left. Of course, once you get growth it all does blend a little better.

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally when going for height I like to see large pieces that make up at least 50% of the height. Stacking a bunch of smaller pieces just looks odd to me. That being said I like the right half better than the left. Of course, once you get growth it all does blend a little better.
Yeah I do to. The left half was a challenge and that was the best I could get out of the pieces I had

NabberNate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering how did the cycle after the cycle go? Was it diatoms, green algae then coralline? I'm in a transition from diatoms to green algae at the moment and can't wait for coralline.

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering how did the cycle after the cycle go? Was it diatoms, green algae then coralline? I'm in a transition from diatoms to green algae at the moment and can't wait for coralline.
So my tank is almost 5 months old. the cycle has been wack for me. Definitely not your usual cycle. It was a little bit of diatoms, an explosive amount of cyano (because i didn't rinse my sand and silicates were in tank and the cyano was just feasting on it) and now I'm getting into the green hair algae phase. Over the past 3 or so weeks, the green hair algae has started to get worse than it was. Coraline started coming maybe about a month or so ago if I had to take a guess. Just be patient for coraline. It'll come and when it does, it'll explode. Almost covered my back wall. But for all of these things there are a lot of different factors so just because I had something happen my way, doesn't mean it'll happen to your tank the same way. I started with live rock, didn't rinse my sand, my salinity was at 1.024 until a month ago when i started raising it to 1.026 because of low calcium, etc, etc. It all depends really. Just let nature take it's path, that's what I have learned. Your tank and mine are both going under bacterial warfare and its just going to fight it out until there is dominance.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back