OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh cool. I could do that on either the top or bottom arch on the right side. I’ll probably do that because I have more places for coral because I want so many. Thanks for the suggestion!

Ed olson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh cool. I could do that on either the top or bottom arch on the right side. I’ll probably do that because I have more places for coral because I want so many. Thanks for the suggestion!
Aquascaping is like art in as much as it never seems finished to the creator. Good luck and look forward to seeing the final result....don't forget to show us what it ends up like.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok great. Do you think I should get more islands/a big rock to put in the center of the scape for corals? I don’t plan to get many invasive corals except for the Xenia and others.

I’m not going to say location because it’s not just you it’s others as well so better safe than sorry. What’s the product and I’ll tell you if it’s available where I am.
go look on my build thread. first few pages. all the info is available there.
happy reefing.

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
go look on my build thread. first few pages. all the info is available there.
happy reefing.
Alright will do
Aquascaping is like art in as much as it never seems finished to the creator. Good luck and look forward to seeing the final result....don't forget to show us what it ends up like.
will do as well!

Polyp Punk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

This is my first post. I have had my Coralife Biocube 32 running for around 2 months now. The nitrogen cycle has completed and now I have moved on to the ugly stage, as you may see with some hair algae and diatoms (diatoms just started forming in the past few days). But that’s not the point.

I need some constructive criticism, praise, comments, etc on my aquascape. I’m going to glue it together soon, but before, I just want to make sure this looks fine.

Also, I want to get a Fire shrimp (which need dark spaces) and I feel this scape doesn’t have many dark/hiding places for it. One of my last pictures I took is me brainstorming some ideas for new rocks. I also want to make the scape taller so I can get rid of a lot of the negative space in this tank.

Tell me what you think!
Thanks.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg B6611F59-3073-4F87-A44D-D23F7CC2A946.jpeg
you should have tried the NSA scape method... Check it out on @Bulk Reef Supply youtube channel ! i just finished my NSA scape and it came out amazing !! it utilizes all that empty space in the tank !

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you should have tried the NSA scape method... Check it out on @Bulk Reef Supply youtube channel ! i just finished my NSA scape and it came out amazing !! it utilizes all that empty space in the tank !
That’s great that it worked well for you. I had seen some of the video (when I mean some of it, I mean 10 mins because of my attention span is very small) and I thought it was cool but never really thought too much of it. Looking back it would have been a good and maybe better idea. But fortunately, I have been happy with my scape ever since I laid it out. Now I’m just trying to add on to it for more visual appeal and make the fish, inverts, etc. enjoy it as well.

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ll summarize what I have gathered from this thread:

1. Get more islands for the middle for invasive corals and more coral spots in general
2. Create an overhang for one of the two arches on the right side
3. Add rocks on top to eliminate some negative space and allow more spots for coral
4. Find some rocks to add for hiding places for fish

Depending on how I feel and how many more comments come in in the next few hours, I’ll glue my scape. Still feel free to suggest any ideas. Feedback has been amazing so far!

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope it went well for you...can't wait to see the final product!
It went pretty bad. But to relieve some people at the get go, I was able to get it back exactly how I had it. I had super glue gel, which I read about and most people said they use that for underwater stuff and is reed safe. So I took three of the rocks out, just in case it wouldn’t work, and I glued them with super glue gel, let it sit for around 10 minutes outside of the water, and then I put it in the water and the glue sealed like normal but it started to loosen on one of the rocks and the other rocks bond broke as well. General picture: nothing stuck. So I plan to get the BRS extra thick gel for I can use it underwater (20g). I find that it will be much easier to glue the rock underwater than out of water. At least I didn’t take the whole structure out and possible not get the same exact scape I had so that’s a plus. Lot of lessons learned in this hobby!

Ed olson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It went pretty bad. But to relieve some people at the get go, I was able to get it back exactly how I had it. I had super glue gel, which I read about and most people said they use that for underwater stuff and is reed safe. So I took three of the rocks out, just in case it wouldn’t work, and I glued them with super glue gel, let it sit for around 10 minutes outside of the water, and then I put it in the water and the glue sealed like normal but it started to loosen on one of the rocks and the other rocks bond broke as well. General picture: nothing stuck. So I plan to get the BRS extra thick gel for I can use it underwater (20g). I find that it will be much easier to glue the rock underwater than out of water. At least I didn’t take the whole structure out and possible not get the same exact scape I had so that’s a plus. Lot of lessons learned in this hobby!
Any update here. Pics?

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update here. Pics?
I ordered that underwater glue and I’ll post another update when I use it. I’ll also do another update when I add new rocks. I can’t recall if I mentioned this in this thread or not but I plan to move the tank downstairs which will be a difficult process so that’s why I’m not getting anymore rocks until I move it downstairs. Don’t worry though I’ll definitely keep y’all updated ;)

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
26BD5DAA-3CF5-4B30-9BE3-58FB11D153FE.jpeg
I want to cut out the circled pieces of this rock in my scape. This rock is very stable and I don’t believe it should become unstable if I cut it. I want to cut it because it creates more of an arch at the bottom and the top. I’m going to glue it when I get my glue in. Before I get my glue and glue the rocks together, do you think I should cut the circled sections? Thanks.

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI. I’m resurrecting an old thread. This isn’t my first post but it is my Aquascape. I just got some more rock. I haven’t gotten any corals yet (but I have a royal gramma) because of this but now I have the rock. What do y’all think about these two scapes? I have another rock I’ll be chopping up to make little islands. I’m not worried about the island placements right now and I’m more worried about the structure look

This is a layout that I made but it’s
1AC6FD38-030E-4703-85F4-05286BE750FE.jpeg

This is what the rock structure looks like right now.

74BB9478-98E4-4265-9510-FC7562482319.jpeg

I’ll provide better pictures later when the whites come on. I like both of these scapes and the both have their positives and negatives. Pic 1 is a good height, has an area for a possible garden of corals on the left but is too right heavy and the arcs aren’t big enough. Pic 2 is a little too tall I think (I want mostly LPS and some softies and maybe just a few SPS down the road) doesn’t have that garden space but it is good both on the left and right and has big enough arcs. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. I plan to glue it today

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back