First Reef Tank

ChipmunkReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I am wanting feed back on the tank layout of my new 10 gallon nano reef tank build. So first off I have had a lot of experience in the freshwater hobby and I have a current planted tank. I have been wanting to get into the reef tank hobby for awhile now and have been planning this tank. So the tank is going to be a the nuvo fusion pro 10 that comes with the pump and some other stuff. I am thinking about an ai prime for the light but if there is any thing a little cheaper that will probably be the best option. Then I am going with brs dry rock and Gigi pink sand. Then the first chamber will of the caddy in it with filter floss and chemi pure blue. Then the second chamber will be a Refgium. I am going to get the algae barn mini refugium starter kit that comes with chaeto, marinpure block, fritz turbo start, and some of their 5280 pods. The. The light to grow the chaeto with is going to be the chaeto max light from innovative marine. Then the third chamber will be a tru temp heater from sheik connected to an ink bird. The return pump will be the pump that comes with the tank that is innovative marines new pump. I want any thoughts or suggestions on this build the livestock will be clownfish with lps and softies in the tank. Any advice suggestions or equipment recommendations are appreciated thank you very much.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

pictures are helpful!

OP
OP
C

ChipmunkReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far I don’t have anything yet( reefing is expensive) but this is what my reef tank is going to be and I just wanted help before I buy everything.

Ckdada

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the AI primes, super high quality and can grow some sps down the road. I recommend also getting another flow source. Jebao has good pumps for cheap on Amazon.

Ckdada

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the AI primes, super high quality and can grow some sps down the road. I recommend also getting another flow source. Jebao has good pumps for cheap on Amazon.
Also id you want to save some money get a water box 10, I see them for around $125 and are amazing tanks.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back