OP
Stain

Stain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Guys.

So my Apex has been reading 20 for the last day, no fluctuations. It was a new Apex unit si kinda crappy to get a bad probe out of the box. Time to contact Neptune I guess

OP
OP
Stain

Stain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not looking right to me, I have a 50watt topfin titanium hahah

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 77
OP
OP
Stain

Stain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the temp probe sorted out. Also hooked up a Trident, wow makes life easier. Now to upgrade my dp-4 in a bit, its working solid for now, but I know thats a 'for now'. Still have 3 outlets on my power bar I cant decide what to use for, might hook my betta tank up to it, turn his pump off at night.
I have the dosing pump dosing in the baffle after the skimmer, theres a wavemaker in the next section, but the ph probe still picks it up in the return chamber. It is only a 20gal long sump, so not a ton of volume, then again, the display is the same size lol.
pic of the first day of the Trident being online.

Attachments

• read.jpg
    read.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 65

DocPalmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the temp probe sorted out. Also hooked up a Trident, wow makes life easier. Now to upgrade my dp-4 in a bit, its working solid for now, but I know thats a 'for now'. Still have 3 outlets on my power bar I cant decide what to use for, might hook my betta tank up to it, turn his pump off at night.
I have the dosing pump dosing in the baffle after the skimmer, theres a wavemaker in the next section, but the ph probe still picks it up in the return chamber. It is only a 20gal long sump, so not a ton of volume, then again, the display is the same size lol.
pic of the first day of the Trident being online.
Thanks for the update! You're giving me ideas for the Christmas gifts I need to get... for myself. lol

OP
OP
Stain

Stain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you guys.

So I've noticed the fighting conch I added a few days ago, has been climbing himself onto my rock work when the lights go out. Is this normal? I've just read they stick to the sand. This guy hurls himself up my rocks with his snout, its quite the sight to watch hahah.
Also, trochus snails are around twice as fast as astraea snails in a race.

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you guys.

So I've noticed the fighting conch I added a few days ago, has been climbing himself onto my rock work when the lights go out. Is this normal? I've just read they stick to the sand. This guy hurls himself up my rocks with his snout, its quite the sight to watch hahah.
Also, trochus snails are around twice as fast as astraea snails in a race.

Conch might be starving? What food is in the sand at this point?

OP
OP
Stain

Stain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Conch might be starving? What food is in the sand at this point?
I hope not. There is a couple types of algae on the sand, detritus and I feed the three fish heavily. The last couple nights he has not left the sand, maybe he was just curious of his new surroundings. It was the second and third night he was in the tank.
The tank is now consuming mag, not alot but it is now, just manually dosing as I dont need to add it every day. All the corals are encrusting, the blueberry wine has a vivid blue encrusting with bright yellow polyp's. My RR OP has shot up about a half inch, the WD has encrusted and grown about a half inch in height as well. Now to figure out how to photograph corals. Heres a pic of the set-up how it sits, I have limited room.
DSCF2543.JPG

I used a small bookshelf for the apex and dosing pump, dosing containers and ato container. My wife was unhappy but everything fit great. Powerbar is just mounted to the wall as I still want to be able to access it. It was stuffed in the bookshelf as well for a day, but hated how inaccessible it was. Cheers

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
welcome42.gif

OP
OP
Stain

Stain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Stain

Stain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First power outage today so I figured i'd update. Was only out for an hourish, but everything worked fine. Apex connected and ran what/when it needed to, trident initialized itself and no screwing around on my part. I'm loving the system.
Also loving the Trident, best thing i've gotten for the whole tank. I had a big growth spurt during the night and could see it on the Trident perfectly. I was able to adjust my dosing and keep the alk swings back to a .1ish. Not bad on a 30gal system.
alk2.jpg

Calcium's been pretty good
ca2.jpg

And have been keeping my mag around 1300ish
mag2.jpg

I also got rid of the goosenecks and used shelf brackets mounted to the wall to hang the kessil's. The weight on the back pane of the 20gal long was making me anxious lol

Happy Canada Day!!

OP
OP
Stain

Stain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my temp probe seems to have shart the bed again, around 7am. This sensor is loosing my trust very quickly.

Attachments

• tmp3.jpg
    tmp3.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 67
OP
OP
Stain

Stain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Todays topic, Dosing pumps. I have been fighting with my dp-4 since i set it up. I only dose 10ml a day of 2 part right now, had it split into 5 doses of 2ml. To calibrate it 'accurately' to dose 2ml, I calibrated the unit to 10ml. Then told it to dose 20ml, which made the units total dose around 2ml (+-.1ml). Was working great, but has been drawing small amounts or air no matter what I try, throwing the amounts off.
So I gave in and tossed a DOS on it. First day has been great, no air, its keeping my ph from swinging as much, and is just as quiet as the dp-4. I just need to adjust my nighttime dosage as my alk dropped a little more than I thought it would thru the night, dropped to 8.86. I try and keep it at 9. Not much but I can tweak it. So far happy with the dos.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back