First Saltwater Tank…Can you identify this anemone?

tylo92

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

Just recently set up my first saltwater tank in a Biocube 16. I’m fascinated with the different life forms so I purchased live rock from the ocean at my lfs. Let’s hope I don’t regret it. The rock is teaming with life, and much of it I am still trying to identify. I am aware that I did get a few aiptasia, one even made that picture. Fingers crossed, I think I will eradicate them. I have a picture of an other anemone that popped up. Can someone help identify? Thanks!
5AC965E2-40EC-4D8D-A85B-3DE2A5ACD197.jpeg
85A532E9-4EE7-4376-995B-205BDF66EDEE.png

OP
OP
tylo92

tylo92

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a very bleached bta

It did look like one, but I wasn't able to find any examples of super tiny ones like this.

I ended up not taking a chance and got a few peppermint shrimp. I got lucky and they mowed down all the anemones I had in just a few days.

Dcloser12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It did look like one, but I wasn't able to find any examples of super tiny ones like this.

I ended up not taking a chance and got a few peppermint shrimp. I got lucky and they mowed down all the anemones I had in just a few days.
They shouldn't have been able to kill a healthy bta. I can only assume it was indeed bleached, dying and decaying and they cleaned it up.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 184 72.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 46 18.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back