FIRST SALTWATER TANK, NEED HELP

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Also once again everyone will eat frozen mysis shrimp correct?
Ues. Best foods and alternate are:
Mysis shrimp
Spirulina brine shrimp
LRS nano blend or Fish Frenzy
Chopped krill
small plankton

Add Selcon vitamins to the foods occasionally

Lionfish hunter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Either works. You are just adding a little bit of ammonia to the tank for the bacteria to eat so they can multiply. You can test for ammonia, adding food till it gets to 2ppm will work. Once it gets to 2 ppm you can stop for awhile. When you get to the point where you can add food with 0 ammonia, that is a good sign it is getting close. Just add a little bit of food, don’t go dumping in a ton.

Lionfish hunter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clownfish are easy. Buying captive bred and giving your tank 2 months to cycle is a really good start to being successful.
Do be aware that ich can come in on crabs and shrimp. If I were you, I would start with the crabs and shrimp. That way the ich will die out without any fish. Then get captive bred clowns after waiting a little bit.

OP
OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clownfish are easy. Buying captive bred and giving your tank 2 months to cycle is a really good start to being successful.
Do be aware that ich can come in on crabs and shrimp. If I were you, I would start with the crabs and shrimp. That way the ich will die out without any fish. Then get captive bred clowns after waiting a little bit.
Unfortunately the crab arrived uninvited (hitchhiker) but I am very happy he is there, I’ll make sure to add all the shrimp a while before the fish

OP
OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s close to impossible to see him but he is ANOTHER crab

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 23

Lionfish hunter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately the crab arrived uninvited (hitchhiker) but I am very happy he is there, I’ll make sure to add all the shrimp a while before the fish
Not sure if he will make it through the first 2 months but if you want to give it a chance you might want to only feed a little bit. And keep an eye on the ammonia.

Back